Thread: Places to leave your bowling ball and temperatures.

SandBagger
    Chats: 443

Default Places to leave your bowling ball and temperatures.

What places should you place your bowling balls? The garage? Inside your house somewhere? And what should the temperatures be like? 18 - 22 Celsius or 64 - 72 Fahrenheit? How long would it take to "over heat" your bowling ball?
    Name: Marco
    Bowling balls: Power Groove Reactive Brunswick and Storm Furious.
    Bowling Experience: 4 - 5 years in total, but 4 years was mostly family fun but this year I actually want to get better and learn more about bowling.

Extraacount from BowlingBoards.com

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

garage isnt too bad as long as the temp isnt too extreme.. i keep all of mine in the house... NEVER leave them in a hot car!!!
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

i personally keep it in the back party room at my hom bowling center...its locked safe everynite.. plus its room temperature..: if a bowling ball isnt safe at a bowling alley then theres something terribly wrong here lol

I leave my equipment at the alley. That way, it's there and I don't have to try to lug the bags around! Even though I did have a 2 ball roller...now, I have 3 balls, plus my mom's 2...so really, the lockers were the best choice!

~BowlnBrat~

Visit my FaceBook here!
    Equipment: 10# Brunswick Rattler, 10# Storm Tropical Storm (blue & orange) & 10# Ebonite Maxim (hot pink)

Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com!!

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

I keep mine in my basement, and as far as temperatures - they're comfortable at the same temps you're comfortable at if you're wearing short sleeves. What they don't like is constant extreme temp swings . (Extreme being defined by 50+ degrees F, garages in northern climates are murder on balls no matter what you do.) Reason for not keeping them in the car/truck in the summer is that the temps inside can get to 120-140+ depending on location, and temps between 120 and 135 starts to extract oil, and above 140-145 start to seriously compromise the ball.

Chats: 3

I keep all of mine in the house. Winter can get pretty brutal here. I've heard of people leaving their ball in the car and it cracking from the extreme cold.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 3

The wife and I keep ours inside the house, down here in Florida it would be just asking for trouble in the garage.

I used to always keep mine in the car in the winter, for extra weight. Never had one crack and never had an issue with ball reaction

Chats: 106

I keep mine in the car, and it's pretty hot out, and it sweats some oil out of the ball never had any problems with the balls though

Chats: 13

i leave mine in the trunk summertime but either put up front with me (in the a/c) or if i have time get the bowling alley 30 minutes prior to let them cool off before using. winter time i keep in the house ,or up in the front (warm) with me. i have heard more damage from extreme heat than cold.but i have never had a problem.but shure have heard horror stories bout damage from heat/cold problems.if i only bowled at one alley id deffinatly invest in a locker.but i like trying different houses.keeps me from being comfortable and sloppy.