Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bowling balls doing all the work?

Chats: 1127

I went back and checked the date this thread was started... On 9/15/09 "Let's Go Bowling Show" interviewed Carmen Salvino And they asked him the very same question. I thought his answer was very informative concerning the equipment of today vs. 25 years ago.
    Check it out here:http://www.gobowlingshow.com/listen/...en_salvino.mp3

I also have a question. Is the house shot where you bowl really that consistent? At our lanes, one week light oil. Next week there's oil in the pits. Also varies in that the oil pattern might get thinner from one side of the house to the other. In our house, each week IS like a box of chocolates. We never know what we are getting in to!

Thanks guys!

SandBagger
    Chats: 443

My centres oils the lanes every morning i think... or whenever the lanes break down and people complain. Since i dont bowl like 3 - 4 times a week i dont know... but i do remember them oiling up the lanes in the morning.
    Name: Marco
    Bowling balls: Power Groove Reactive Brunswick and Storm Furious.
    Bowling Experience: 4 - 5 years in total, but 4 years was mostly family fun but this year I actually want to get better and learn more about bowling.

Extraacount from BowlingBoards.com

Chats: 2315

Our shot didn't seem consistent for a while. I think in the summer they put down a little less oil, and they forgot to increase it once fall leagues started. But the second week they did and it was similar the week after. So I think they'll be sticking with that pattern.

Chats: 1127

On league night they usually finish oiling about 1 1/2 to 2 hours before we start. Some of us bowl a couple of games to loosen up ( not on a league pair), but all lanes have been oiled. Last week I shot a 203 with a Super Freak that we sanded with 800 grit (no polish). No problem making it down... nice turn on back end... ball picked up plenty of oil off the lanes. Bowled 2nd game with my Venom... worked fine.

Moved to league pair... totally different story. Couldn't hardly keep those balls on the right side of the head pin. Pull out my Stomp Pearl and go back to my normal line... 255, 244, 185... 684. Our pair were the last lanes oiled that night, so they should have been the freshest. We wondered if the guy let the machine run out of oil or just accidentally short oiled them.

Little side note... This guy (young helper) who works at and maintains the lanes DOESN'T EVEN BOWL! Figure that one out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123