Thread: Awakening

Chats: 221

Default Awakening

The Awakening is a private label ball built by 900Global. It uses a inverted lightbulb weight block with a flip block on the bottom. Coverstock is pearl with an s50 rating if i remember correctly. Factory finish is 600 grit w/2000 polish. I drilled this ball 8x4 pin over bridge. No balance hole required. Ending static are 3/4 side, 3/8 finger , 1/2 topOut of box this ball was very smooth with a good midlane read and a strong arc to the pocket. Out of box it was actually too strong for what i intended it. I changed the surface to 3000 plus Snake oil polish and it became a much different animal.The ball now added about 3 feet to the point at which it read the midlane but wwith a much more angular move to the pocket.Out of box it was definatly a benchmark type of reaction. With the surface chane it can also be a good benchmark for backend reaction on the pair. This and my Maniac are always the first 2 out of the bag.

Ball speed 12mph axise 4 7/8 over 1/4 up axis rotation 60 degrees axis tilt 15 degrees 325-350 rpm
    Last edited by Stormed1; 09-16-2009 at 05:22 PM.
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)