Thread: Storm Reign

Default Storm Reign

Used the ball for the first time tonight. Shot 660 with it. Was kind of dissapointed that it didn't go longer down the lane. I had the layout the same as my second dimension, with pin in and cg in. Compared to the second dimension, with the same layout, the reign hooked about 10 feet earlier. However, the lanes were a lot drier and I was firing the ball much harder than normal (as was everyone else on the pair). The verdict is still out, as I have to get it broken in a bit more, it's only 3 games old. I like the ball, and we shall see how it goes next time. Stay tuned.
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

My 1st reign was actually going too long.. I just had a pattern this past weekend that I could use it on... The month prior it would go too long even on a house shot..the layout on the ball is pin over ring ringer and cg kicked out at about 45 degrees.. I have a pic on it around here somewhere... It gives the ball very good length and yet doesn't over react on the backs.. It makes a strong move but not snappy at all... Very smoothe and consistant layout
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

I've also noticed that it rolls out as well, especially during oil carrydown, if you're not quick to make your adjustments.
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.

Chats: 221

Pin over ring means nothing as far as layout goes. what are the actual numbers for layout. I drilled one today for a customer if it was drilled pin over ring would be a 6 inch pin. With a long pin to pap it could go to long very easily. The 3 i've done so far have all been monsters
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    Pin over ring means nothing as far as layout goes. what are the actual numbers for layout. I drilled one today for a customer if it was drilled pin over ring would be a 6 inch pin. With a long pin to pap it could go to long very easily. The 3 i've done so far have all been monsters
    Hi Stormed1. I've been planning on buying a Reign bowling ball. I want to have it drilled based on my PAP but I have never had it measured. I don't live to far from S. Holland. Do you have a pro shop in the area?

I had a shop at Lynwood bowl for 7 years. Had to close it due to health issues. Now i just do some drilling from my garage and fill in at a buddies shop when needed

Mack Daddy
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

I started using the Storm Reign last week. When I started with it, I couldnt get it to break at all, then realized I was throwing way too fast, too much excitement with a new ball. When I started with my regular delivery, the results started coming. The scores havent been stellar, only 1 250+ game out of 9, but when the confidence comes with the equipment, the scores will come. I'm smashing the pocket, but leaving 1 pin spares. Had the same result last week with the Virtual Gravity.
    There's always one off center in the rack

Info: AVG 206, Stroker, Righty, Gladiator Pearl, Track The Rising, Hammer Rayzr, Storm Virtual Gravity, Storm Reign, PBA Platinum

Wish List-Hammer Jigsaw

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Week 2 with my Reign saw a much better reaction and consistency. The oil carry down, as in last week, was pretty sudden. This week, once the bucket appeared...I made my move and carried on. Shot 687...made a little difficult by being in the bar in between shots watching the tigers twins playoff game...I'm from detroit.

Hopefu;;y the bar wasn't too far from your pair

We were lucky that our pair was right by the bar....you could see the tv from our pair. Usually I'm pretty serious when bowling, but I got caught up in the moment with the game on....the entire league was in and out watching the game.