Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm planning on buying my first ball soon, I have a couple questions.

Chats: 1127

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMVR View Post
    Ok, thanks for all the suggestions.... oh, and just for the record, I'm 21 and 5' 9'... I'm a skinny dude.
    High metabolism! Lucky son of a gun.

Bowling is not as simple as it used to be... But I think it's way more fun!
    WORK HARD
    ROCK HARD
    EAT HARD
    SLEEP HARD
    GROW BIG
    WEAR GLASSES IF YOU NEED 'EM

the WEBB WILDER credo

as said in prior posts, work with your local pro shop and they'll point u in the right direction. Finger tip drill and I would suggest rotogrip cell or storm hyroad. 14lbs and practice,practice!!

it is generally said that someone shall choose 10% of the body weight, but In my opinion,i think it accords to the strength you have in your arms. so you are strong enough, you can also try 15lbs, if not, my suggestion is to try 12 or 13lbs. as someone has told you above, prepare 2 balls for your playing, those balls will help you get a good score in the game.

SandBagger
    Chats: 443

I've heard that weight 13 or 14 has the best pin carry. I'm not sure if it's true or not. I recommend maybe 14# cause I'm 13 and I use a 13# ball. Since your 21 i pretty sure you can go 13# higher... Like goodbowlingcompany said maybe even 15#. But first you gotta know your basics like throwing straight before you can actually hook. I'd recommend a couple of lessons to start you off for hooking the ball. =D
    Name: Marco
    Bowling balls: Power Groove Reactive Brunswick and Storm Furious.
    Bowling Experience: 4 - 5 years in total, but 4 years was mostly family fun but this year I actually want to get better and learn more about bowling.

Extraacount from BowlingBoards.com

Chats: 0

Default Here is some info

Go with a 14 lb ball. It might seem heavy at first but you will soon gain the strength to throw it. Also dont waste your money on a ultra highend ball yet. There are alot of great mid line balls produced by many companies. I would suggest Brunswick Avalanche, Ebonite BOOM, and Hammer VIBES. I love the Hammer VIBE line of balls. Each line has a few different versions so you will have to pick the one that suits you. You can get that high performance ball when the time is right. If you need any help picking equipment you can PM me anytime!
    TEAM ELITE MEMBER

I am a factory authorized dealer of ELITE Bowling equipment. Do not pay retail! All equipment will be factory fresh FEDEX delivered to your door step. PM me for pricing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12