Thread: So I subbed this past Friday night...

Default So I subbed this past Friday night...

I bowled at a place called Airway Lanes friday night in Waterford, MI. This place seemed to be the mother of all wall shots. There is 5 guys averaging 230+ so far in this league. The pins really fly, more than any other place I've bowled at. Over the course of the night, 6 times help had to be called to clear pins that popped out of the pin deck onto the lanes. It seemed everyone either got tons of strikes, or tons of corner pins. I fell into the category of those who left corner pins. I had a great look to the pocket all night long, and I'm embarrassed to say that I could only muster a 607 because I was leaving 7 pin after 7 pin and couldn't carry. Meanwhile, the anchor on my team was a heck of a bowler. He was carrying and shot 775. But he was one of those guys who nothing was ever good enough. After each and every shot, he had a complaint. He would strike, but he'd be pissed that his hand came out wrong, or he missed this or did that wrong. It was disgusting bowling with someone like that. I swear, if this guy shot 900, that wouldn't be good enough, and he would find something to complain about. This guy was a total mental case, and its because of him, that I may not sub for that team anymore. Even though the team swept, this guy made the evening so unenjoyable. Has anyone ever encountered an individual such as this? I'd love to see this guy on PBAX!!!!
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

I'm just like that guy, but I don't get as upset as that as far as I know. I'm a perfectionist, and I want to be perfect, but as long as I see constant gradual improvement in relation to how much I practice, then I'm always happy with how I play.

I'm a golfer too, and I've recently hit a wall. I can't seem to shoot under 100 and that drives me crazy and makes me want to quit, because I practice almost every day and am seeing little or no improvement.

I'm going to bowl at least every other day once the snow falls here.

Brett Favre looked real good last night...you must be happy that he came over to Minny.
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

I Have a fella on my Thursday night league Team that Is never happy with his shots< I am starting to think he just hates life when hes not Bombed...
    I just give props when any good shots are made and try to bowl better then everyone and any one. I want to be the best bowler I can be, so I think having fun helps your game no matter what.
    I just wish some were not so darn GRUMPY
    Last edited by mrbill; 10-06-2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: I just wish
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"

Chats: 0

Default Oh yeah

There are tons of guys out there like him. They think they are better than they are especially in a house like that. I have bowled there before and have finished 3rd twice in the scratch division for state tournament. The week prior to me bowling there a bowler named Ricky Portalatin or something like that shot a 900 series there in league. I never bowled there in my life and I walk in the door and go 300, 299, 237 for 836 and I did not win the title I was 3rd overall. That guy would be humbled in a hurry if he was put into a house that put a legit shot out. Just ignore those clowns and enjoy yourself!

Chats: 2315

Yeah it's not very fun to bowl with people like that. I tend to just ignore them.

I have to admit, I am somewhat like that - as being perfect - not being obnoxious about it. I'm quiet but do battle mentally when I make bad shots - 1 thing I've learned over the years, it's never the lanes fault. Yeah, there could be spikes in the lanes from open bowling or ppl eating up the oil tracks with high resin oil suckers, but it's the same for everyone on that pair correct?

When the lanes are tougher - I bury myself into a mark (3-4 board area) and go with it. I strive to take my approach and release - watch the mark I hit, breakpoint and flip reaction drive to and through the pocket. If I miss something, I'm not learning anything, how can I adjust my next shot if I don't know what the ball path took and ended. I want to be the best I can be - everyone deserves to be the best as they can.

I don't bring anyone down if I'm struggling - I kudo's them on good shots and pep up the frames we need strikes to win - but mostly on those struggling nights, I dig down to learn and be the best I can that night. I never give up and I always want to win - not by others making bad shots - but by them making me make my best shots. On struggling nights, it rarely happens, but I still do my best to hit the pocket (light, no drive, 4 trippers, etc). When I do that, I feel positive that I hit the pocket - even though I released wrong, no follow through, happy feet, etc. Why focus on what your doing wrong that night, we all have had great nights, so focus on them stay positive and let the ball read the lane (my biggest phantom motto I tend to forget on the struggling nights :wink
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 106

In a way I'm like that, I can strike and be disappointed with myself because of a mistake I made in the approach or release, but I won't tell everyone else about it, I'll usually just think about it and try not to do it next time.

Chats: 1127

That guy sounds like he is an only child and/or just starved for attention.

I'd much rather bowl in a tough house than one with a "blocked" shot. Where's the fun in that? Close your eyes, throw the ball... pocket hit. Bo-o-o-ring!

I used to beat myself up when I made a mistake, but I realized "That ball is gone." and just concentrate on the next shot. I STILL talk to myself in the third person though!
    WORK HARD
    ROCK HARD
    EAT HARD
    SLEEP HARD
    GROW BIG
    WEAR GLASSES IF YOU NEED 'EM

the WEBB WILDER credo