Thread: Clean'N Dull and PowerWash

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Clean'N Dull and PowerWash

Over at BR.com they have a thread about Clean'N Dull and I posted this thought I'd share.

Well I did a simple comparison of Power Wash and Clean'N Dull.
    You can see the results here

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTO

I used my striking motion because its a solid color,I cleaned it and gave it fresh sand with a piece of 800 grit paper.

I made two shots on the fresh oil at the start of league and then threw it back into the bag. I cleaned it when I got on the spinner following the bottle spinner directions.

You'll see in the middle part of the photo the uncleaned ball surface.
    The left is the Power wash side (I sprayed it on generously), On the right Clean'N Dull ( I used about a nickel size drop of C&D).

Power wash did a great job cleaning the ball surface, it left a nice tacky feel.
    It's a lot better than Energizer cleaner, Kegel Revive, Reacta Clean. I'd have no problem recommending it.
    But as you can see in the pic.it didn't penetrate deep into the pores. It left oil lines in the cover.

But on the Clean'N Dull side you can see. Not only did it clean the surface, It penetrated into the pores and removed the soaked in oil lines.

Power Wash is a good cleaner to have in your bag, to clean up after a set. But it's not Clean'N Dull. Clean'N Dull is a deep cleaner.

You could make a nice combo with the two. Use power wash to clean up after a set, then use Clean'N Dull to deep clean your ball once every so many games depending on how much you bowl.

Also I tried to get the "Glazing Effect" some have talked about. I put C&D on a the towel, rubbed it on the ball and started the spinner. I then leaned into it, till my hand got way too hot.

I stopped and looked at the ball, it was just fine no glaze. The only thing I could think of was, if someone used way too much or their towel/cleaning pad was dirty etc.

Used like the directions say , theres no problems using it on a spinner.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 10-10-2009 at 06:37 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 2315

I find it interesting that you didn't get the "glaze" effect using the spinner even when you tried. That makes me think it's the amount that you use that makes this happen. Normally, what is the general time and amount of pressure you would apply with C&D on the spinner?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Strike Domination View Post
    I find it interesting that you didn't get the "glaze" effect using the spinner even when you tried. That makes me think it's the amount that you use that makes this happen. Normally, what is the general time and amount of pressure you would apply with C&D on the spinner?
    How I use it .
    With the ball on the spinner, I put about about a quarter size amount on a small clean rag. I then rub it around the ball surface so it's evenly covered and then turn on the spinner, work it in about 20-30 sec
    ( I use a medium pressure, just enough so the rag don't get snatched out of my hand.)

Then I rinse it off with some water and dry with another towel, flip the ball and repeat. Done.Now I've used a little more if the ball is real bad dirty.

In the video I have from innovative from back when it was still called "Reaction Clean'N Dull" Palmer Fagan demos C&D on a spinner.

He uses a CAB Block with the Lambswool pad, squirts a lot more of it than I ever had to use on the pad. Works it on the ball for 30 sec. sprays it with a little water and wipes off with a clean towe flip ball repeatl. Done.

Now I used the lambswool pad back when I first started with C&D and I found if you didn't clean out the pad.The grime and old C&D would build up in the wool and if you used it . the C&D would just kind of smear around. then you'd start using more pressure on it to make it clean. So I started keeping the pad clean then and it worked just like in the video.

That's what makes me think that's what caused the glaze for some. That build up was getting transferred back to the ball and it got burned on to the surface forming a glaze on it. That's not the C&D's fault though. Just not using clean towels or pads, something along those lines.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 2315

Thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind.