Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should i get a wrister?

Default Should i get a wrister?

I'm thinking if i'll be getting a wrister to:

A. Provide wrist positioning consistency, thus, more consistent shots

B. Lessen strain on my arm/wrist

C. To induce more revs

D. Training tool as well

will this be enough arguments in buying a wrister? or I'll be better off without them?

Chats: 5

That would be up to you. They do not help some people, but there are some that have to use them. I am one who has to use one. Tendinitis in my right wrist has kept me down for a while. Hard to roll, much less hold a ball with out a wrist support. This is the one that I use -

Really helps me out. Not too bulky, easy to put on and take off. It also has helped me get a few more revs.

The whole thing is up to you though. Might want to get something inexpensive just to see if it will help you or not.

Chats: 221

Are you talking a wrist supprt glove such as the Mongoose shown abobe? Or something like the Glove w/ metal backing? or the neoprene Wrister? The neoprene wrister adds some support and keeps the wrist for lack of a better word moist. I had to use one for 3 years due to a severe wrist injury and it is very good for support that way. It however will not offer any suppot as far as bending the wrist is concerned. For that you need something with a metal/teflon brace built into it. There are many out there that offer different levels off support/resriction of movement that then comes down to personal comfort and what you are looking for it to do
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

i was kinda thinkin' of the Storm Gadget wrister.. it feels comfortable with the extra cushion and id like to see how cupping or different tilts does to a ball.. i just like to know if it is worth to invest on a wrister that is quite par to a new ball's price.. or should i just buy another ball for that

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by 123seeyah View Post
    i was kinda thinkin' of the Storm Gadget wrister.. it feels comfortable with the extra cushion and id like to see how cupping or different tilts does to a ball.. i just like to know if it is worth to invest on a wrister that is quite par to a new ball's price.. or should i just buy another ball for that
    You can buy every ball in the world but without form you wont be able to do anyhting with them...
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Chats: 1

I use the Pro Release by Moro Design and would recomend it to any one.

Chats: 221

Several of the people i drill for and bowl with have switched to the gadget from their Cobra3's etc. They like the adjustability it has and really love the fastening system of the wrist strap. Storm has fixed all of the issues that their earlier wrist supports had
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 2315

Although it may be an extra benefit, I don't believe more revs is an argument that should be used for whether or not you should get a wrist brace. The others are good. If you have a weak wrist and a brace helps you keep it firm then by all means get one, even if it's just for training.

@Stormed1
    I personally like the Storm Gadget because of the comfortability..

@SD
    i was thinking having the wrister makes you stay under the ball more thus inducing more revs..

Chats: 2315

Some of them might help with that, and it's true that it could add revs, but I'm saying the revs themselves should not have any baring on whether or not one wears a brace. Having a firm wrist, however, is important in my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast