Thread: Help with a ball suggestion...

Chats: 0

Default Help with a ball suggestion...

My team mate needs a less aggressive ball to switch too when the lanes are cooked. Currently he throws a X Factor - Trifecta and I would consider him a cranker. His style is not a fluid normal bowling swing. More like he uses all muscle to throw the ball and when the lanes dry and he tries to speed up his rev rate increases too because of his style. Wanting to stick with Storm, I was thinking he should stick with a ball that will react like the Trifecta but less aggressive.

My Suggestions:

1: Fast
    2: Reign
    3: Dimension

What do you guy think about these or maybe something that I haven't considered.

Thanks
    Woody

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    My team mate needs a less aggressive ball to switch too when the lanes are cooked. Currently he throws a X Factor - Trifecta and I would consider him a cranker. His style is not a fluid normal bowling swing. More like he uses all muscle to throw the ball and when the lanes dry and he tries to speed up his rev rate increases too because of his style. Wanting to stick with Storm, I was thinking he should stick with a ball that will react like the Trifecta but less aggressive.

My Suggestions:

1: Fast
    2: Reign
    3: Dimension

What do you guy think about these or maybe something that I haven't considered.

Thanks
    Woody
    The dimension would be too close to the Trifecta.. I would go with a pearl... if the lanes are dry the Fast is a great ball.. even when they are not really that dry.. I threw the Fast this whole weekend in a tournament.. Good length with a very strong turn on the backend.. The ball carrys like a high end ball as well.. I would say the Fast over the reign so that way he could use it on a wider range of patterns..
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Chats: 221

Of the 3 listed i would also recomend the Fast. Staying within the Storm "family" i would also consider the Nomad Pesrl. Hy-Road also might be a good choice as it is leass angular than the fast and the Trifecta being particle is also a little less angular than the resin versions of the X-Factor line
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 2315

I would agree that you don't want a solid reactive. I don't know much about the Trifecta other than that it's a particle just by reading about it. I would say the Fast is a safe bet for a step down, maybe even the Hy-Road or Reign as mentioned. I'd opt for the Fast or Hy-Road personally.

Chats: 0

Thanks guys, I will pass on your suggestions.

Woody