Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ball for fast roller???

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default Ball for fast roller???

I'm in need of a ball that will hook when rolled at higher speeds 18+ mph...any ideas whats a good high speed roller learning to hook ball?

Chats: 106

One of the more aggressive balls; the virtual gravity, jigsaw, etc. should hook well at 18mph if you throw it with good rpms, but if you're just learning to hook then it will be pretty hard to hook even an aggressive ball at 18mph unless the lanes are bone dry

listen to that guy
    |
    |
    |
    V
    Last edited by Drano; 10-13-2009 at 07:03 PM.

Chats: 221

With higher speed you will need an agressive layout and surface to slow the ball down and allow it to hook. All the manufacturers make balls that will work with surface adjustmentsBut Since it sounds like you are still learning there is no reason to go with high end equipment untill you get a consistant release. Brunswick Copperhead , Columbia Noize , Ebonite Lanebreaker , 900Global Maniac , Hammer burn, Nomad solid, Furious or t-road solid all would work with surface adjustments to 1000 or 2000 abralon and agressive drillings
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    With higher speed you will need an agressive layout and surface to slow the ball down and allow it to hook. All the manufacturers make balls that will work with surface adjustmentsBut Since it sounds like you are still learning there is no reason to go with high end equipment untill you get a consistant release. Brunswick Copperhead , Columbia Noize , Ebonite Lanebreaker , 900Global Maniac , Hammer burn, Nomad solid, Furious or t-road solid all would work with surface adjustments to 1000 or 2000 abralon and agressive drillings
    I agree with the hammer burn a buddy of mine just got one and our spans are close,i throw 16-18 mph and on fresh ths 38ft the thing just rips on backend ,outhooks my fresh resurfaced dimension handsdown.rams down the pins well too.

What is Bowling?

I've heard the Ebonite Tornado might work well, any thoughts?

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by BabyboyMuscles View Post
    I've heard the Ebonite Tornado might work well, any thoughts?
    that ball will not react with such a high ball speed...

also where did you see/find out your ball speed?? 19-21mph is a very fast ball.
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Chats: 221

gparls that would be expected between the Dimension and the Burn. The Dimension is a much earlier rolling ball and also has much more surface than the Burn. the burn is more skid flip by design
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    gparls that would be expected between the Dimension and the Burn. The Dimension is a much earlier rolling ball and also has much more surface than the Burn. the burn is more skid flip by design
    i had the dimension polished and finished with 2000 arbalon,and it is drilled very aggressive. so it will snap a good backend,but your right. the burn really turned the corner hard even at 18 mph,as much as i liked his burn.i'm gonna opt for the jigsaw for my next ball.seems to read the lanes a little better,and that new core really seems to keep the pins low on a good pocket shot .less corner pin spares from what ive seen.

Bowler
    Chats: 290

hey, I bowl at roughly 19-20mph ball and i ended up going with the Hammer Black Widow Pearl, very nice back end and a overall good ball look into that one OR look into the lanebreaker a very agreesive ball from what ive seen. Good luck with ur choices.

What is Bowling?

The place I bowl at in Grand Rapids michigan has speeds on all rolls after they get to the pins listed above your score. A lot of people I watch seem to bowl between 11-14mph. I average the 18-20mph now/lately, but seeing 22-24mph isn't uncommon...one of my bowling buddies hits 26+ on a regular basis. We don't "Throw" them at all, its more of a high powered roll right off the line.

After talking to the guy at the Pro Shop there he mentioned the Hammer Razyr as a "starter" ball for learning to hook for me. I'm thinking about it...I don't wanna overpsend on something I intend to replace in a few months anyways. We figure 15lb ball, might slow my rolling speed down a touch. Once I get the hooking relase motion down and such I plan to change to a ball there I can be natural in my roll where I won't be forced to "take something off" if such a ball really exists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast