Thread: Special Memorial Award And Thanks

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Default Special Memorial Award And Thanks

Well BowlingBoards.com Members it has been a great year and we have had some great talks.

But we also lost a great member of our community this year. Colleen Becker or better known as "Thong Princess" passed away earlier this year.

She was an amazing person.

With the permission and help of her daughter Angie, we have dedicated some giveaways to her. Not to draw too much attention, But our last big contest was in partial tribute to such a great member.

We were hoping that we would give away a few balls and gift cards, we did give away one new Storm Reign Ball to Drano and CHuesman81 won a gift card to BowlingBall.com

So it is important that in memory of Thong Princess that I do something in remembrance of her.

Bowling is about community, ethics, and character.

Although we have the best members here than any other bowling site, one member has really stood out, and represented bowling in every day actions.

Thong Princess was a Bowling Coach, Mother and Loving person. She cared for everyone without asking for anything in return.

So in light of such a great person who loved bowling, it is just fitting that StormBowler13 receives the Colleen Becker "Thong Princess" Memorial Award

Robert stands for bowling and cares about the bowling community. He has a higher post count in such a short amount of time, he has made videos, groups and truly loves bowling as Colleen did.

For me it was an easy choice to choose Robert for this award.

As a thank you, He has received a Brand New Storm Reign ball for his efforts.

I am proud to give away this award to such a deserving person and if you see him around tell him thanks for always looking to help and not thinking about himself.

I thank Angie for her continuous efforts to help bowling and her letting me help remember her Mother with such a great award.

Thank You Robert for having such a great character and being such a great friend to so many people.

Chris
    Go Broncos!

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Your post gave me chills, Chris and I'm very happy that you appreciate her the way my wife and I do. BR recently lost another one of their great members, but no-one could equal our own Colleen. It's still hard to wrap my brain around that I'll never see her again in this world. She was a constant of the universe and was the glue that held the Gathering in NC together. It will never be the same and that's sadder than I can describe.

Congrats, Robert. You do deserve it. Now give everybody else a chance.

Way to go, bro, even if you couldn't seem to make your way to meet the rest of us. (I don't know if I'll ever let go of that. ) Maybe if you show up next year, though it may be in the Tampa area, since NO-ONE WANTS TO COME DOWN HERE.

Now get out and get a real job, ya bum! Congrats again, my friend.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

I just wanted to thank you Chris and everyone on here. I try to help in any way I can. I am currently in between squads at a local scratch tournament so I can't really write too much. I just really wanted to say thank you!
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Chats: 106

I never got a chance to get to know Thong Princess, as I only recently started frequenting this site, but I'd like to give my condolences.

Also, congrats to Stormbowler13/Robert.

Chats: 221

I never had a chamnce to meet her in person but had many conversations with her. This is a very fitting award in memory of a great ambassador of the game w all love.

congratulations Robert on winning this award.
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

Robert has helped me more then once on my bowling game so GRATZ on your award...
    And I know Thong Princess will always be here as long as we are here......
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2878

RIP Thong Princess, and congrats on the award Robert. It is well deserved.
    James Goulding
    Radical Regional Staff
    Moore's Pro Shop
    Driller / Consultant

"The Maine Bowler" blog: www.jgoulding.wordpress.com

Chats: 0

I still miss Colleen alot. She was a good friend to both me and Kevin. Congrats to you Robert.
    I am a proud member of www.bowlingboards.com
    My degree is in music, my sport is bowling.
    The love of my life is my husband Kev3inp

Chats: 2315

Congrats to you Robert on this award.

For whatever it's worth, I saw Thong Princess posting frequently on Ball Reviews for the year before I came to this site, and I honestly did not suspect she was a woman. I'm not really sure how I missed that but it's sort of funny to me. Anyways, I never met or talked to her, but from what I remember she always gave a good opinion and made posts worth reading as far as I'm concerned. I can say she was a good member of the bowling community and will be missed by many.