Thread: Ball buying problem...RotoGrip Mars issue...

Default Ball buying problem...RotoGrip Mars issue...

So I had my heart all set on buying a Mars ball in the 12 lbs weight. I looked online and the company does make this ball in a 12, went to the local Pro Shop on base and got a call back saying the Company doesn't make a 12 lbs model! Huh? There are several reasons why I want to go with a lighter ball, but mainly I'm comfortable with that weight. What to do? Just try a different ball line?

Gil

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by eyegolf2 View Post
    So I had my heart all set on buying a Mars ball in the 12 lbs weight. I looked online and the company does make this ball in a 12, went to the local Pro Shop on base and got a call back saying the Company doesn't make a 12 lbs model! Huh? There are several reasons why I want to go with a lighter ball, but mainly I'm comfortable with that weight. What to do? Just try a different ball line?

Gil
    The Storm Tropical Storms come in 12lb... its Roto Grips parent company
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Thanks StormBowler, I'll look into the TS. I saw on Roto's website that the Mars even comes in 10 lbs! I wonder why the disconnect?

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

well the mars does come in 12lb...

http://www.bowling.com/products/roto-grip-mars.htm
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Chats: 221

It is available in 12lb. The person who said they did'nt probably was too lazy to order it
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 0

gil, sent you a pm

Allen, PM replied. Like I said in the PM, I'm actually looking to go with a 13 lbs ball. Can you help me? I'm stationed overseas, in Japan.

Chats: 1127

Allen, PM replied. Like I said in the PM, I'm actually looking to go with a 13 lbs ball. Can you help me? I'm stationed overseas, in Japan.
    Is there any particular reason why you can't bowl with a 15 lb. ball? If you are of decent stature, a light weight ball can cause accuracy problems. You will develope the tendency to to throw it harder in order to increase your pin carry.
    WORK HARD
    ROCK HARD
    EAT HARD
    SLEEP HARD
    GROW BIG
    WEAR GLASSES IF YOU NEED 'EM

the WEBB WILDER credo

poflobo, I guess I'm not of a decent size...i'm 5"5" and about 141 lbs. I had carpal tunnel before and was having trouble going with a heavy ball. I was comfortable with a 13# house ball but now I learned I can go heavier since I'm getting it fitted. I ordered a 14# Roto Grip Golden Globe to practice some more and then use it as my spare ball. I'll get that Mars yet!
    "What we have here, is...a failure to communicate."

Chats: 1127

poflobo, I guess I'm not of a decent size...i'm 5"5" and about 141 lbs. I had carpal tunnel before and was having trouble going with a heavy ball. I was comfortable with a 13# house ball but now I learned I can go heavier since I'm getting it fitted. I ordered a 14# Roto Grip Golden Globe to practice some more and then use it as my spare ball. I'll get that Mars yet!
    When the ball is properly fitted, there should minimum strain on your hand. But under NO circumstances let them talk you into a short span grip. That will make you squeeze the ball to hang on to it and aggravate your CTS again. I know guys that wear a sport wrist support they picked up at the drug store and they say it helps keep the tendons/ligaments in control. Also the finger tip grip is easier on your hand...more control.
    WORK HARD
    ROCK HARD
    EAT HARD
    SLEEP HARD
    GROW BIG
    WEAR GLASSES IF YOU NEED 'EM

the WEBB WILDER credo