Thread: Professional Bowling Becomes Plot Element for CSI Episode

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Default Professional Bowling Becomes Plot Element for CSI Episode

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Bill Vint | PBA Media Relations
    Professional Bowlers Association | 719 Second Avenue, Suite 701 | Seattle, WA 98104
    Tel: 206.332.9688 | Fax: 206.332.9722 | bill.vint@pba.com | cell: 414.339.0404

Professional Bowling Becomes Plot Element for CSI Episode
    PBA lends technical expertise to murder mystery set to air Nov. 19 on CBS-TV

SEATTLE, Wash. (Nov. 6, 2009) – Professional bowling will be a central plot element in an episode of the highly-rated “CSI” which is scheduled to air on CBS at 9 p.m. Eastern on Thursday, Nov. 19.

The CSI episode is centered around a professional bowling event taking place in Las Vegas. The tournament abruptly comes to a halt at a key moment in the match when a grisly murder is discovered. During the episode, the CSI team attempts to solve the mystery of who committed the murder.

Jason Thomas, a writer and production contributor to pba.com and its Xtra Frame online television channel, was asked to serve as a “bowling consultant” for the episode, where he taught several cast members and guest stars how to bowl. Thomas also acted as a “stunt” double to provide realistic professional bowling shots.

“Working on the show was a dream come true for me,” said Thomas, “I was incredibly impressed with how much care the cast and crew took to ensure the bowling elements were as true to the sport as possible.”

CSI is one of television’s most popular shows, and is watched by an average of more than 20 million viewers each week. It has spawned two spinoffs, CSI: New York and CSI Miami, and is also currently in syndication on the Spike network and TV Land.

The show’s cast includes popular actors Laurence Fishburne, Marg Helgenberger, Jorja Fox, Paul Guilfoyle and a host of others.

About the PBA
    The Professional Bowlers Association (PBA) features the best bowlers in the world competing in National, Regional and Senior Tour events and awarded over $4.3 million in prize money during the 2008-09 Lumber Liquidators PBA National Tour. The organization has more than 4,000 members spanning 13 countries, and nearly one million viewers tune-in to watch the Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour every Sunday on ESPN throughout the season. PBA sponsors include Bayer, Brunswick, Etonic, Flomax, GEICO, Go RVing, H&R Block, Lumber Liquidators, Pepsi-Cola and the USBC, among others. For more information on the PBA, log on to www.pba.com.
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2878

That's pretty cool. I will make sure I DVR it since I work every thursday night.
    James Goulding
    Radical Regional Staff
    Moore's Pro Shop
    Driller / Consultant

"The Maine Bowler" blog: www.jgoulding.wordpress.com