Thread: Need suggestions about an injury.

Bowler
    Chats: 290

Default Need suggestions about an injury.

hey everyone i was at the doctors today and got bad news i didnt want. Last year around this time i partily tore 2 ligements in my left ancle and had to give up the season =(. Now im left with this hard decision, Tuesday night i bowled with this injury and it hurt a bit i could handle it. the doctor said the injury is a strained ACL, and 2 strained legements on my right knee.

Should I stop bowling to let it heal or bowl? Now i know most of you will say let it heal but i WONT be able to rest it because my job requires me to be on it for 5-8hrs, if i can do that i can bowl etc. suggestions?

Bowler

Chats: 3

I know it's tough to be sidelined, but your health comes first. Without your health you have nothing. If your injury doesn't heal properly you could have problems for the rest of your life. Several bowling sessions are not worth life-long problems. Heal first - bowl later.
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Chats: 1127

Quote Originally Posted by PSBA10 View Post
    I know it's tough to be sidelined, but your health comes first. Without your health you have nothing. If your injury doesn't heal properly you could have problems for the rest of your life. Several bowling sessions are not worth life-long problems. Heal first - bowl later.
    What he said!
    WORK HARD
    ROCK HARD
    EAT HARD
    SLEEP HARD
    GROW BIG
    WEAR GLASSES IF YOU NEED 'EM

the WEBB WILDER credo

Chats: 221

The only answer is not to bowl. I injured my MCL a few years ago when i stuck real bad. Because my job required me to be on my feet pretty much all day bowling was not an option.i ended up being out about 6 weeks and then wore a knee brace the rest of the year
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Bowler
    Chats: 290

like i have my good days and my bad days some days i dont feel much somedays i feel alot of pain so ill play it by ear for now i guess.

Chats: 1

I recomend letting it heel. I know the idea of not bowling hurts but its not worth making it worse, I have been out since the 6th of November and probably wont be back till some time in Feb. ( due to foot surgery doe to a severe bunion ) at first the coach had me doing arm and wrist exercises while I had to keep my foot up but now he has me sitting in a chair next to the ball return working on ball swing ( which is not easy at all ) The point I am trying to make is there are ways to stay active while you heel and hopefully we wont loose to much on our game. Good luck and quick heeling Bill