Thread: Richgels to Blog Live from the RPI/Tour Trials

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Default Richgels to Blog Live from the RPI/Tour Trials

Richgels to Blog Live from the RPI/Tour Trials
    Madison, Wisc. - 12/13/2009

Richgels, who won the tournament in 1993, finished in the top 25 in PBA Midwest Region points this season, qualifying to compete in the tournament.

However, having no interest in going back on Tour, he decided to travel to Reno to live blog the event for the second straight year with the live blogging system used by Madison.com, the main website of Capital Newspapers, the media company he works for as an online editor.

The company publishes several websites, the Wisconsin State Journal daily newspaper and two weekly print publications: The Capital Times and 77 Square.

For the second straight season, Richgels also has been writing a bowling blog called The 11th Frame that has been generating a hefty number of “clicks” from readers.

The 11th Frame -- and the live blog from Reno -- can be accessed at http://host.madison.com/sports/recreation/bowling/

The PBA has agreed to post a link to Richgels’ blog on pba.com, so bowling fans can just go to pba.com to access live coverage of the RPI/Tour Trials.

“I’m going to write this for bowling fans, even if that means some of it may go over the heads of our regular readers,” Richgels said. “That means I’ll be reporting where the players are playing the lanes, what types of players are scoring best — the sort of information I’d want to know if I were tuning into a live blog of a PBA event. I’ll also be talking to players during the week and including information from the interviews.”
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Chats: 221

Should be both interesting and informative. Jeff is a GREAT guy besides being an awesome bowler
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)