Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: any quit smoking

Default any quit smoking

just looking for advie on how anyone here has quit i have tried many times but just cant stop

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

It's the hardest thing you'll ever do, but you can do it. Like being an alcoholic, you have to take one day at a time and tell yourself that you're not going to smoke today; leave tomorrow alone. Then do the same thing each day. Some have success using the patch, others use candy. The physical need goes away in about a week, but the psychological craving lasts a long time.

Chats: 3

Hehe the only times I've quit sucessfully were when I was pregnant with my kids. With a couple of long stints here and there.
    First and foremost, if you absolutely don't want to quit then forget about it. You've got to decide without a shred of doubt that you really want to quit in order to be sucessful. Second, set an official quit date and look into smoking cessation products. I've had good results with the patch in the past. Also, if your a social smoker...you might want to inform your buddies of your quit date so they aren't asking you to go smoke with them. Another good idea if smoking while drinking is a weakness for you...avoid alcohol for a while.

Good luck!
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Right, Jord, good tips. I had to avoid having break the same way, or having one with coffee, and restructured my habits to avoid being in "smoking situations." Be prepared to put on weight as you eat more to assuage the oral craving, and you'll also eat more because you will discover how good everything actually tastes. I still get the urge if I've got 10 minutes to kill and nothing to do, but it'd destroy me. We spent all this money fixing the damage my smoking did to me, I'd hate to have to spend it again to somehow stay alive.

thanks for the advice i havnt got to the point that i absolutely want to quit yet i was kinda a alcoholic but i haven't had a drink in at least 6 months

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

I was fortunate...my son (who was ten months old at the time) was hospitalized with double pneumonia his first Christmas and very nearly didn't make it. When the doctor told me I'd contributed to his sickness by smoking around him (if not immediately near him) I was devasted and quit cold turkey. It's been over fourteen years now. I can't say I've never craved another one, but I've managed. You will too.
    Average: 172
    High game: 286 (6/21/09)

Brian's Wish * The Jason Foundation

Words & Pictures by J. Reyome...updated 29 August 09

Tickled to be tolerated by the nice folks at BowlingBoards.com!

its been like a week now since i have had one and my god it seems to be getting worse

Chats: 3

I decided to give it a try again. I started the Atkins diet Sunday and decided it would be a good time to try again. I quit cold turkey and honestly, I have no desire to smoke. I realize its only been a few days, but I feel so much healthier. We'll see how bowling goes tonight, I may have to slap on a patch to avoid temptation.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 4

i am in the process of quitting smoking as well, i tried cold turkey a few times but only found that it made me smoke more.... i then tried the patch, but it made me a very very angry person, just being pissed off all the time, so i am doing a step down program with cigarettes..... i started with 3 for ten days now i am on my first day of two, then in 10 days i will go to one a day and then hopefully be done..... i was supprised how easy it was for me to go from a pack and a half to 3 a day not hard at all, but going from three to two is proving to be a giant pain in my arse

Quote Originally Posted by wes909 View Post
    just looking for advie on how anyone here has quit i have tried many times but just cant stop
    We both are in almost same boat. I had also tried a lot to quite smoking. But I have no success in this. I hate smoking but I do. If you have find any idea about it pls share with me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast