Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 pin

Chats: 1

Hey Wes, just my opinion, If it were me I would check to make sure that I was doing every thing I was supposed to be doing, as far as approach, release, and follow through. I find that when my ball acts up it's not the balls fault but mine. I read an article some where that said we should listen to the ball and it will tell you what you're doing wrong, and I think it's true. As for the ball being drilled wrong, I would check with the pro shop, and not listen to every one else. There's always some one that will tell you the ball is drilled wrong, and most of the time they don't have a clue. Just my 2 cents worth. Good luck and good bowling.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by wes909 View Post
    what do you mean higher in the pocket
    A little more flush on the head pin. If you just barely hit the head pin on your first shot, that's called a "light" hit. When you hit a lot of the head pin on your first shot, but not a direct head on hit, that's called a "high" pocket hit. Slowing your shot a little should cause your pocket hit to come in a little higher and carry the corner pins. It's what the better bowlers call a "high flush" hit.

Chats: 106

what do you mean higher in the pocket

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    see i noticed last night that i was actualy geting more strike coming in high like that as opposed to light but i figured it was just luckys hits and not how your suppose to do it

see i noticed last night that i was actualy geting more strike coming in high like that as opposed to light but i figured it was just luckys hits and not how your suppose to do it
    High flush is the way to go, that's what all better bowlers go for. Ball speed can be the difference or moving back a little on the approach can also work for the high flush hit because it gives your ball just a little more time to get up higher in the pocket on the head pin.

Chats: 0

try anything to change the angle into the pocket. Move your target and feet to the right... move uo or back on the approach. Sand the surface of your ball... try different things. But you should know that on any given night, you'll leave a kot of ten pins and will need to make adjustments to angle, speed, ball release or hand position. It happens...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12