Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats To Walter Ray!

Default Congrats To Walter Ray!

Congrats To Walter Ray!
    I was Impressed with him today winning the masters, to roll the ball so well and with so much emphasis at age 50 - impressive!

Chats: 106

I was really hoping for Ryan to continue the trend of first-time winners taking all the majors this season, but WRW was my 2nd choice to root for

Walter really kicked major butt though
    Last edited by Drano; 02-14-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Chats: 2315

1. Put spoiler in the title next time, instead of the person's name
    2. Boooo to WRW(and congrats )

Chats: 221

Barnes must feel like a red headed stepchild about now. He's made 1 bad shot in the last 2 majors and gotten his lunch handed to him. Congrats to Walter. He sure made that Break Out look good
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

I didn't pay much attention but I assumed it was a Break Point. The two balls look similar to me.

Are you referring to the U.S Open as the other major? If so I would say Barnes was more like screwed out of that one by the 8-pin. But yes, he can't be feeling too good about it anyways. I personally feel a little bad for him because I keep wanting him to win and luck is just not on his side or something.

The only thing the 8 pin cost him was putting a little pressure on Kelly. His bad shot split early in the game put him down in count so even if he took it off the sheet he still lost. At least his losses have this year have not been from bad shots in crucial situations but rather from bad carry

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Strike Domination View Post
    I didn't pay much attention but I assumed it was a Break Point. The two balls look similar to me.

Are you referring to the U.S Open as the other major? If so I would say Barnes was more like screwed out of that one by the 8-pin. But yes, he can't be feeling too good about it anyways. I personally feel a little bad for him because I keep wanting him to win and luck is just not on his side or something.
    I feel bad for him too. I haven't seen Walter Ray dominate a game like that in years. As for Chris, I remember watching Walter Ray back in the eighties come into the finals, throw every ball in the pocket and lose because his opponent had better carry.

I forgot about the World Championship. I agree with you then Storm.

Yeah, Barnes is possibly my favorite player on tour, he definitely deserves to win more than he does in my opinion.

Chris is undeniably the most versatile player on tour. Sometimes I think that ersatility gets in the waay of his winning as he sometimes overthinks the situaton rather than letting his raw talent do the job

WRW had such a good look and ball roll - he was going to be hard to beat no matter the opponent.

I'm amazed by one of the stats they posted during the telecast. WRW's number of wins is impressive, but consider that he now has 92 top-2 finishes. I'd be interested to know if there is another bowler who has 92 top-10 finishes. Probably a handful at best.
    JJ "Better than Jello" Anderson - Kill the Back Row

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast