Thread: help with new ball

Chats: 0

Default help with new ball

Hi I'm Steve and I'm looking for some advice. I joined my first league this year and was using a house ball with 2 fingers ave around 194. A few weeks ago my girlfriend bought me a roti grip mutant cell. Great ball but with using my thumb I'm having trouble hooking it. With 2 fingers it hooks to where if I miss my spot its dangerous. I'm look for help with ideas on how to use my thumb and get a hook still. Should I speed up slow down. Any help is appreciated. Thank Steve http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/s...8/IMAG0048.jpg

Chats: 221

Best option would be to see a coach and take a couple lessons. Another option would be to talk to the pro shop operator where you got the ball. Ask him/her to watch you throw and make suggestions.

When i am teaching someone to throw a hook i have them hold the ball with their index finger spread and their pinky up against their ring finger. I then have them hold the ball with their thumb at roughly 11 o'clock and their fingers at roughly 5 oclock. I have them hold that position throughout their entire swing. The end result will be a release that will create some axis rotation and therefore some hook. From this starting point we can then refine their release as we progress
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)