Thread: Kids under feet

Chats: 1

Angry Kids under feet

I just wonder what everyone else thinks about kids that are brought to the bowling ally and just turned loose? I used to bowl on a Sat league,( and now thank god my son took my place,due to foot surgery) but I still go to watch them bowl, where the parents( if thats what you want to call them? ) bring there kids( haha) and just turn them loose to run all over the place. Now in my opinion if you don't want to take care of a dog you don't buy a dog. And the same for kids, if you don't want to take care of kids, don't have them. And if you do have them, and don't want to take care of them, then what the devil makes you think that anyone else does? When I asked the league officials if they could mention to the members to take care of their kids a quick NOPE, if there not in the pit there's nothing we can do was the reply. Followed by I don't know why they should be bothering you, there just playing. Needless to say I'm changing leagues next year. My question is what are these wonderful parents going to do when there kid gets hurt? Should there not be some kind of bowling etiquette that says that you take care of your kid?
    Good luck and good bowling
    Bill

Chats: 4

I am not a huge fan of bowling on weekends just for that reason. and to answer your question as to what happens if a kid gets hurt. thats when the lanes get sued which is ridiculous. i am in full agreement, by all means teach the youngsters to bowl, but keep an eye on them..

Chats: 3

I see the same thing happen at my center all the time.
    You can try taking your kids to bowling...but if you expect that they're going to sit quietly for 2 hours then you're nuts
    I know that my kids would be running up and down the concourse and in and out of the game room, which is why I never take them with me to leagues. Some parents just don't think.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 221

That's why on bowling nights our 6 year old grandson is with a babysitter
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Parents: I recently had the misfortune to witness an 8-year-old boy get hit in the head with a bowling ball when two older men got into a physical altercation in the bowling center. It was a Saturday about noon and the child had been allowed to run free in the center. The boy was carrier out on a stretcher. Thankfully the boy made a full recovery and the parents learned a valuable lesson. This particular bowling center is not in a "bad area" of town and fights are a rare occurrence.

In this situation, the two idiots that resorted to physical blows and throwing objects caused the injury of an innocent bystander who was in the wrong place. What was truly sad in this situation is that it took not one, not two, but three (!) calls over the intercom before the parents even realized their child had been gravely injured. "Sad" is just one word to describe how I felt. "Disgusted" is also on the mark.
    JJ "Better than Jello" Anderson - Kill the Back Row

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

Thumbs up Safty first Kids

Quote Originally Posted by JAnderson View Post
    Parents: I recently had the misfortune to witness an 8-year-old boy get hit in the head with a bowling ball when two older men got into a physical altercation in the bowling center. It was a Saturday about noon and the child had been allowed to run free in the center. The boy was carrier out on a stretcher. Thankfully the boy made a full recovery and the parents learned a valuable lesson. This particular bowling center is not in a "bad area" of town and fights are a rare occurrence.

In this situation, the two idiots that resorted to physical blows and throwing objects caused the injury of an innocent bystander who was in the wrong place. What was truly sad in this situation is that it took not one, not two, but three (!) calls over the intercom before the parents even realized their child had been gravely injured. "Sad" is just one word to describe how I felt. "Disgusted" is also on the mark.
    W0w thats shocking to say the least JA.
    I bowl on the weekends with my older boys and I my self almost by accident hit this sweet little girl about 5 years old after my release while my arm was comming back she ran behind me
    I looked around for the parrents and watched like 6 kids running around the lanes where players throw the balls.
    I hate being that old man saying "Get off my Lawn!!" So I gently said to the kids please don't play down here, you could get hurt by these big heavy bowling balls.
    Then I asked them to point out there parents, I was not so nice to them>......
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

It's a fine line to tread. We want kids to have positive feelings about bowling centers and hope that they eventually become avid bowlers. On the other hand, we can't just let them run amok.

Chats: 3

Well, a bowling alley can be a potentially dangerous place.
    Children SHOULD have a good experience when they go to a bowling alley, but in order to do that...they need to know basic safety and bowling etiquette.
    Knowing how to be safe and respectful of others makes a better, more enjoyable situation for everyone.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Jord - well said

I hate being that old man saying "Get off my Lawn!!"
    Well, after seeing the movie Gran Torino, "Get off my lawn" has become my favorite saying when I realize I'm saying something an older person would say, even if it is unrelated. For example, Who says you can't carry with plastic? Now get off my lawn!
    JJ "Better than Jello" Anderson - Kill the Back Row

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

Thumbs up " Now Get Off my LAWN"

Quote Originally Posted by JAnderson View Post
    Jord - well said

Well, after seeing the movie Gran Torino, "Get off my lawn" has become my favorite saying when I realize I'm saying something an older person would say, even if it is unrelated. For example, Who says you can't carry with plastic? Now get off my lawn!
    ya know, that is kinda catchy... Even after a strike, " Now Get Off my LAWN"
    I'm lovin it
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"