Thread: rockyjsquirrel

Default rockyjsquirrel

This is my first time on this site. My question as a right handed bowler I have used a house ball drilled for a left hander. I like the feel and the release. What will happen if I get my ball drilled like the house ball. Also what if I upgrade to a more active ball and use the left hand drilling.

Thankyou

rockyjsquirrel

Chats: 0

I'm definitely no expert but I would think with a right-hander throwing a ball drilled for a left-hander won't work as the core will work against your release.

But I could be wrong.

Chats: 1

I would not do that. Have your pro shop fit you properly, and ask them any questions you might have.
    Good luck and good bowling
    Bill

Bowler

Chats: 3

Unless someone left a ball they don't use any longer, typically house balls are drilled neutral meaning anyone can use them.

I also suggest you talk with your pro shop operator and have the ball properly fitted to you. Even though the house ball feels OK, you may be gripping the ball in a manner not condusive to good scoring and wrist/finger health.
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Chats: 221

A ball drilled for a left hander when thrown by a right hander will have the affect of a dropped ring finger. This tends to have the span be too shore on the ring finger. Also the lateral pitches on the fingers will be reversed. It is best to have a ball fitted to your hand by the pro shop for optimum feel and reaction
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)