Thread: Explain: pin length and understanding the right drilling specs ?

Default Explain: pin length and understanding the right drilling specs ?

Someone please clarify

There are so many different points of view

I throw about a 15 mph ball with 300 avg rpm revs per frame..

Where would a heavy oil - med, undrilled, 2-3 pin ball, brunswick 3.5 c system best fit? I am looking at the brunswick website and its hard to declare a winner since they dont have specifc drilling info for this ball.

I have the ball now and would like to be as clear and consice on asking what I want. I am looking for a mid with strong pin reaction.

Thanks,

rastamaoli

------------------ BAG under construction ---------
    nomad solid -- 15lb

Chats: 221

A little more info would be helpfull . Things such as PAP ,lane surface bowled on etc. As the 3.5 is a strong ball i would probsably go with a 4.5-5 inch pin to PAP distance. , a 50-60 degree drill angle and a 40 degree angle to the VAL. This would give you good length with a strong but not snappy backend reaction. This would be a pin up drilling with the mb just right of the thumb.
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Default help...

thanks but i unfortunately, I already bought it on ebay. I didnt ask what the pap is... do you have a recommendation??

Chats: 221

More info was what i was talking about for layout. On an asymetrical ball the only thing pin to cg has an effect on is basically whether it will need a weight hoe and where. How much top weight does it have? what kind of reaction shape are you looking for? skid/snap , length/hard arc, rolly?wht lane surface and oil volumed do you see?all those are questions that need to be answered as they all are involved in determining layout
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)