Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you use to maintain your ball?

Default What do you use to maintain your ball?

Ok, so I posted about my struggle in another thread. I'm hoping that maybe I've fixed it, but........

What do you do to maintain your ball in between sets? Do you use rubbing alcohol, black magic????

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by tj4ndirish View Post
    Ok, so I posted about my struggle in another thread. I'm hoping that maybe I've fixed it, but........

What do you do to maintain your ball in between sets? Do you use rubbing alcohol, black magic????
    You'll get a hundred different answers about what to clean a ball with. After all is said and done most will do a adequate job most will get the surface oil and dirt off.

I like "Hook-it" for use at the lanes, it's one of the strongest around. If I don't have it "Power Wash" will do, but if all there is a bottle of rubbing alcohol it will work.

At home I'll use Clean'N Dull to deep clean the cover.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 221

Alchohol is better than nothing but it only cleans the surface. The cleaners designed for cleaning have addatives in them that help to pull oil,dirt and plastisizers from the pores. Right now i use Power Wash but i just ordered some RemedyRx to try
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

I use 91% Isopropyl Alcohol after every set, along with H00k it ball cleaner, keeps shinny balls shinny and dull balls dull, also takes the track marks out and leaves a tacky feel on your ball.
    ohh 1 more thing, Don't use that regular50% rubbing alcohol, it will only take off some durt, the 91% will get some top oil off way better.... so 91% to clean good then h00k it to keep it like new...
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"

Default Ball cleaner

I found a inexpensive and environmentally safe way to clean. It is called, Simple green. It doesnt corrupt your ball and it is also readily available anywhere and at a great price.

Good luck in your bowling.... ALOHA

rastamaoli

----------------

Roto grip - Nomad solid
    Brunswick C 3.5/2.5
    T-Zone Spare ball

Chats: 0

Over at another forum there was a huge discussion/debate over this very subject. Seems many people advocate the use of Simple Green and 70% Isopropyl Alcohol 50/50 mix. Others say spend the extra money for a bowling specific cleaner. I'm still fairly new myself but what I find is working best is using the Simple Green/Isopropyl Alcohol mix immediately after a set for basic cleaning. I also spray some on a microfiber towel and wipe my ball before each shot with it. The center I bowl at tends to leave really bad belt marks on my polished ball and by cleaning it right away like that it makes it easier to get it really clean after the set. I also have a bottle of Clean n' Dull. It seems to be the cleaner most often recommended by experienced bowlers as the best for deep cleaning. I use that maybe every 2 weeks or so. Despite the name it leaves my polished ball polished and squeaky clean.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by BearFan View Post
    Over at another forum there was a huge discussion/debate over this very subject.
    I have to comment here. That "discussion" over at br.com is nothing but a clash of egos. It took a simple question and stepped on it.
    which you can see here-
    The simple green thread
    Last edited by bowl1820; 03-16-2010 at 09:09 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    I have to comment here. That "discussion" over at br.com is nothing but a clash of egos. It took a simple question and stepped on it.
    which you can see here-
    The simple green thread
    I cannot agree more. There are far too many trolls in that forum in general. I asked what I thought was an innocent question 1 time about 6 months ago. Could not believe what the thread turned into. I go in and look now and then but will never post there again.

Simple Green works fine for me.

Chats: 1

I use acetone when I want good and clean, and alcohol in between. I try to get them rejuvenated about every 3 months.
    Good luck and good bowling
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast