Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: peripheral assistance needed...

Default Help me with understanding.....Lane courtesy and Bowling etiquette

Thanks; I really appreciate it. I was a junior bowler for 15 years and lane courtesy is one of the top lessons we learned as we played. Respectfully, I dont know what to do. My team says I am a slow bowler; it's just that, I abide by the same principals as, "Mr.Bill".

This is a weekly thing. I am given the right of way from my left. I then step to the lane and begin my routine. I Set, inhale, visualize, exhale, and then, go. It takes less than 15 seconds to begin my approach. Then, an J**hole on my right walks up and begins their routine during my visualization. This bothers me because, I am able to see the bowler off of my periperal vision. I begin to get distracted and then miss the opportunities to score higher for the team.

Is it me and my mental game, or is it a reasonable plea to correct others?

I keep to myself in my league and have never complained about anything. Eventhough, I have also witnessed people applying conditioners during league games to enhance their breakpoint. I thought that was illegal during league play.

Mahalo again,

Rastamaoli
    Last edited by rastamaoli; 03-30-2010 at 06:28 AM.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

It is not acceptable for someone step on to the approach next to yours when you are already on the approach starting your shot. You certainly have the right to politely explain to the offending person that they are violating lane courtesy. If the behavior continues you should complain to the league officials.
    I must confess that I have been known to grab my ball off the return when the bowler next to me is just getting set with his feet, but I don't stepup on the approach.

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    It is not acceptable for someone step on to the approach next to yours when you are already on the approach starting your shot. You certainly have the right to politely explain to the offending person that they are violating lane courtesy. If the behavior continues you should complain to the league officials.
    I must confess that I have been known to grab my ball off the return when the bowler next to me is just getting set with his feet, but I don't stepup on the approach.
    I do this a lot too. I'll grab my ball and spin/clean it to get ready for my shot (not on the approach) while they go. It's never been a problem for me since I don't do it if I have to go out onto the approach to get my ball. Usually I just have to lean over and pull it out and step back. I don't think this is a huge issue unless it's in a tournament.

Bowler
    Chats: 290

when i bowled in the 2 torunys i bowled it i was so used to the 1 lane rule but apprently i was told its 2 lanes so if there is someone going to the right or left of you 2 lanes over they have the right away i thought it was weird but hey i went with it.

Hey Janderson? What do you think about my second topic? Is it illegal or unethical??

Others.. you are more than welcome to input your answers as well...

There is this guy who constantly puts "black magic" on his ball on the Kegel "Middle of The Lane" shot.

I was taught to adjust but anyone got other impressions??

Aloha
    Last edited by rastamaoli; 04-02-2010 at 03:27 AM.

Chats: 106

Quote Originally Posted by rastamaoli View Post
    Hey Janderson? What do you think about my second topic? Is it illegal or unethical??

Others.. you are more than welcome to input your answers as well...

There is this guy who constantly puts "black magic" on his ball on the Kegel "Middle of The Lane" shot.

I was taught to adjust but anyone got other impressions??

Aloha
    It's not allowed as per USBC, and/or possibly PBA rules. You can only alter the surface of your ball before the first shot of competition, not during.

Super Moderator
    Chats: 91

Default Talk Bowling Episode

We actually did a TalkBowling episode on the subject. We have people that bowl with us that use 2-lane courtesy and it gives us something to laugh at.

http://www.talkbowling.com/talk-bowl...=bowlingboards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12