Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: peripheral assistance needed...

Default peripheral assistance needed...

could someone explain one lane courtesy; who has the preference?? For ex: "the guy who threw a 7-10 split?" What do I do? Who bowls first my left or right; a woomen or the guy who has a spare to pick up? to bowl while his lane racks??

Thanks and Alohas>>>>>

rastamaoli
    Last edited by rastamaoli; 03-27-2010 at 05:02 AM.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by rastamaoli View Post
    could someone explain one lane courtesy; who has the preference?? For ex: "the guy who threw a 7-10 split?" What do I do? Who bowls first my left or right; a woomen or the guy who has a spare to pick up? to bowl while his lane racks??

Thanks and Alohas>>>>>

rastamaoli
    The basics of one lane courtesy is that if some one is already on the the approach of the lane next to you, either side, You wait until they have delivered the ball before getting on your approach and picking up your ball. In the case of two bowlers getting up at the same time, the bowler on the left yields to the bowler on his or her right. A lot of older bowlers will let someone who is shooting a spare go first even if they have the right of way.

Chats: 2315

I didn't know you yield to the bowler on your right if you're ready at the same time. I have a feeling that not very many people follow that one though. Sometimes I get people who already have their ball in hand tell me to go and I don't have my ball. I don't understand that one.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Strike Domination View Post
    I didn't know you yield to the bowler on your right if you're ready at the same time. I have a feeling that not very many people follow that one though. Sometimes I get people who already have their ball in hand tell me to go and I don't have my ball. I don't understand that one.
    They use to have it in the ABC book were they had the part about Bowling Etiquette.

Heres some different versions of it.
    -------------------------------------
    ETIQUETTE RULE #6
    Observe one lane courtesy. The bowler on the
    right should bowl if both reach the approach at
    the same time. Step to the back of the approach
    while you wait and indicate to the adjacent
    bowler that you are going to bowl after s/he
    does.

The number one courtesy is to yield the "right of way" to bowlers on adjacent lanes when both bowlers are ready to bowl at the same time. The bowler to the right has the right away and should bowl first. Make sure to stay off the approach until the bowler has completed their shot.

# Bowlers on the right hand lane has the right of way to bowl first
    He/she can waive the right of way to the person bowling on the left most lane if they so choose.
    # Never pick up your ball from the return rack while another bowler is preparing to bowl and is in his/her starting position
    Refrain from creating noises or movements that may be spotted out of the corner of their eye. For cases where another bowler constantly causes distractions while you are preparing to bowl, let them have the right of way. This way you can stay in control of your game and remain relaxed to take your shot.
    # Yield to the bowler on your immediate left or right if they are ready to bowl (one lane courtesy): don't even go near the ball return if the person on either side of you is bowling or getting ready to bowl. Stay behind the scoring console until the coast is clear. Some leagues and tournaments requier two lane courtesy!

# Don't stand next to the ball return while waiting for your second ball: this could distract a bowler setting up next to you.

Heres one I hadn't heard before-
    # A bowler shooting a spare has the right of way over a bowler with a full rack: spare shooters need extra time to concentrate.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 106

The one about the spare-shooter is new to me. Though when I'm shooting spares, I usually take much less time on the approach unless it's a 10-pin

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    The one about the spare-shooter is new to me. Though when I'm shooting spares, I usually take much less time on the approach unless it's a 10-pin
    That's funny, when I take more time on ten pins is when I miss them.

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

I try to give the right away to others making spares and anyone else that looks like they will roll when I will roll.
    I do not want any distractions, so if it's close I always let the player to my left or right go, I make like I have to shine my ball a little more so there is no funny feelings..
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"

Chats: 1

Lane courtesy is the #1 reason I bowl on leagues, the other two are oil, and competition.
    Good luck and good bowling
    Bill

Chats: 0

I think a big no-no is to be waved ahead by a bowler with the ball in his hand and accept it. That can cause rushed shots and poor execution.
    Columbia 300

I accidentally broke this rule on Friday night during some Cosmic bowling. I didn't see the person on my right start her approach, and I started at basically the same time. I do look around, just wasn't paying attention. Both of us failed hard. I felt pretty bad. Lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast