Thread: Storm Invasion

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Thumbs up Storm Invasion

I drilled the ball with a 5" pin, 5" MB, and a 2 5/8" pin buffer. I bowl on a 41' typical house pattern on wood lanes. I loved my Virtual Gravity and my Virtual Energy with this layout, so I figured it would be a good one for the Invasion. I would recommend a stronger layout for most people, but wood lanes makes it hard to throw aggressive equipment with strong layouts in my house. This ball actually makes two seperate moves on the lane. It makes a solid mid-lane read and then at the break point makes a second move to create a great angle into the pins. Because of this two move reaction, it makes it SO easy to make adjustments. I can clearly see if it is checking up too early in the mid-lane oil, or if it is coming in to sharp because of oil being burnt up at the break point. I make simple 1 and 1 adjustments all night long and can throw this ball from game one through game 4. I really like the core on this ball, and the reaction it makes. This ball definately will be in my bag every week for league, and is the first ball I grab each week since I got it. This will be the ball I throw first at Nationals this year!

Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member
    Bowling Center Manager/Pro Shop Operator/Bowling Coach
    Last edited by DanielMareina; 04-26-2010 at 11:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Hey guys, I got my video up and would love some feedback. Thanks a lot to all of you that watch it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ_DQzCYktw
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member

Chats: 60

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DanielMareina View Post
    Hey guys, I got my video up and would love some feedback. Thanks a lot to all of you that watch it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ_DQzCYktw
    Watched the video! What surface is that you were shooting the video on? Wood? I got my Invasion as well, it's beastly. I have mine drilled 4x4x2, very aggressive ball.

Reason I asked about the video was it's hard to see what mark you're hitting and such, there was glare on the image. Bring the cam up about one or two feet from the ground and yer in biz...

owl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owlish View Post
    Watched the video! What surface is that you were shooting the video on? Wood? I got my Invasion as well, it's beastly. I have mine drilled 4x4x2, very aggressive ball.

Reason I asked about the video was it's hard to see what mark you're hitting and such, there was glare on the image. Bring the cam up about one or two feet from the ground and yer in biz...

owl
    They are wood lanes, and yes it is much harder to see your marks in person, let alone on video. Thanks for the advice about the camera. I shot my two ball review videos one right after another, and had never shot one before. I definately need to improve on some things, and I am thankful for your advice.
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member

Thumbs up

Great video. It's neat that your house still has wood. The only house I know of here in Long Island (NY) that still has wood is Smithtown AMF lanes and I hear that they are getting ready to reno to synthetic this summer. I bowled there a couple of month's ago to try the wood. Did okay, but the balls were too aggressive and I had a hard time adjusting.

I picked up my Virtual Energy at the end of April, but I definately have me eye on the Invasion as the complementing ball rather than the V. Gravity. Videos like this one only make me want it all the more.

nice vid. got the invasion and the reign wish my invasion had that type of reaction posted a thread maybe you could give me a suggestion to getting my redrilled with a more aggressive layout.

This ball is a beast. Got mine last week and it has really helped me on the sport shots. This thing hit like a truck and the pin action is wicked.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by strikedaddy View Post
    This ball is a beast. Got mine last week and it has really helped me on the sport shots. This thing hit like a truck and the pin action is wicked.
    It definately hits HARD! I changed my Invasion to 1000 grit recently, and I have to say, it is a whole different ball. I thought it read the lane really well when I first got it. Now with the extra grit, I get a lot more mid lane read, but somehow the Invasion still has the power into the pins it had before. It is almost as if there isn't enough lane to use all the energy the core produces. I really do love this ball! I am glad you like yours too.
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member