Bowler Statistics:
Right Handed
Approx. 425-450 RPM
Approx. 17 MPH
PAP – 5” right
Span – Middle finger (MF) 4.5”, ring finger (RF) 4.625”
Pitches – MF .375 left 0 rev, RF .375 right 0 rev, thumb .125 left .375 rev

Review:

Mutant Cell Pearl: 4x4x2 with a 29/32 weight hole 3” right of center line.

On THS:
On the THS the Mutant Cell Pearl was jumping off the spot. I was throwing the ball from a few different angles. I was playing 18 to 8 and then 14 to 4. I found that the ball responded the best from deeper inside. It was jumping off of the 8 board and the angle that I was getting it in at was sending the pins flying everywhere. I did find that I left my share of 10 pins from this angle. This angle did give a little more room for error. When I left the ball inside it went a little longer and still made the move to the pocket. Playing the outside line it was a little tougher for me. I had to throw the ball a little harder to hold line without changing my hand position. I had a little less room for error with this line but the % of throws that struck went up.

On Viper:
On the “Viper” oil pattern the Mutant Cell Pearl will be my ball of choice. It reacted a little smoother than on the THS but still threw the pins around nicely. I was playing 15 to 8 on this pattern.

Overall assessment:
I found that the Mutant Cell Pearl comes off the spot a little sharper than my Cell Pearl does. I like the way the ball seems to keep the pins a little lower allowing them to take more pins with them. Pins were very lively coming off of the sidewalls. I found that more than once the headpin was taking out other pins with it. I will be keeping a couple of these balls in my bag.