View Poll Results: Do you think two handers are legitimate bowlers?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I do

7 70.00%
  • No, I don't

0 0%
  • Yes, but they will fade with time

1 10.00%
  • Indifferent

2 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Hey there

Default Hey there

Hello folks,

I'm pretty new bowling, well at least as form of recreation. I'm a two handed bowler looking into getting my average higher, especially since joining a league. I really need some tips to be honest, since I'm so fresh when it comes to bowling

Chats: 0

Welcome to the site TH00. I'm fairly new to the game myself. Think your going to like it here. Good, knowledgeable people here to help you out. Nice to be able to ask questions without dealing with the bashing that goes on at other places.

Chats: 1

Welcome to the site THOO, sorry I can't help with the 2 handed style 'cause I have a hard enough time with one. But I'm sure there's some one out there that can. Good luck
    Good luck and good bowling
    Bill

Chats: 0

I have seen several players who bowl 2 handed, and to be honest, they lack consistency... I think if you put enough time and effort into it you can find something that is "repeatable" for you and get to a point where you can have a solid average.. I cant speak from experience on this, but it would seem to me that 2 handed approach bowlers would be at higher injury risk and also have more trouble on short oil patterns....

Having more than one way to throw the ball is always good, I have really good control over my ball speed for when I need a different ball reaction, the more options you have open to you the better..

It seems to me that I have trouble with longer oil patterns. Shorter oil I can use a less aggressive ball and be fine, but playing the inside line on long oil patterns is hard for me.

Chats: 221

All i can say is 3 words. Practice,practice,practice. Work on developing different hand positions to change your axis rotation and it will open up a world of poasbilities for you. I'm not fond of the 2 handed style because of the torque it puts on your back but as you develop your rlease you will improve
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

welcome to the boards Mac..........
    two of my kids are two handers and there getting better and better......
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"

hey i bowl two handed too don't let people discourage you just keep practicing and you'll get better in time