Thread: "Conventional" Finger tips

Chats: 0

Default "Conventional" Finger tips

I just had a few balls drilled up for me a few weeks ago... This time around I decided to go with fingertips that are drilled to my fingersize and not using grips... I have come to LOVE IT! From what I have noticed in practice with this drilling I get the following benefits:

1. Less wear and tear on fingers, I bowled 9 practice games in a row with practically no break and my fingers did not even swell noticeably.

2. Same feel shot after shot, grips always felt tight on somedays and after being used for a few weeks they start to lose the same "feel" they had when they were new.

3. I "think" I have better rotation on my ball due to this, hard to say for sure since the new balls I had drilled have stronger drilling layouts than I have used in the past. But I am getting a really good feel on the ball when I release it..

Does anyone else on here use this drilling style? I have seen pros on television that do it... My pro shop guy couldnt say for certain if it actually "did" anything in particular or if it was just preference of the bowler....

All I know for now is I love it... I highly suggest trying it if you get sick of replacing grips several times througout the year..

Chats: 2315

I believe it's more preference than anything. As long as the fit is good the fingers shouldn't have much of a problem with no grips.

There are arguments for and against but it comes down to preference. You may very well have better rotation on the ball for a longer period of time as the finger holes stay snug when your inserts would have compressed/shrunk.
    JJ "Better than Jello" Anderson - Kill the Back Row