Thread: Mutant Cell Pearl review

Default Mutant Cell Pearl review

Drill angle – 30 Deg., Angle to VAL – 50 Deg., PIN to PAP distance – 4”, 15 lb, box finish 1500 grit polished

I so much like the Cell Pearl, I couldn’t wait for the Mutant Cell Pearl, and it is well worth the wait. I have been practicing on the USBC Open Championship shot and I have had not problem striking on it, throwing 10 in a row at one point. This ball opens up the lane, creating lots of area. I was very impressed with how easy the ball got down the lane, and what incredible recovery it had, with more than enough power to take out the back row. I like this ball so well; I may drill up another one.

Thumbs up Mutant Cell Pearl Review

I drilled the Mutant Pearl with the pin above my fingers, 4 3/4" from my axis, cg out (enough to drill weight hole), MB 1 1/2" right of my thumb, 1 1/8" weight hole on my VAL 2" down from my axis (4 7/8 > up 13/16),
    The Pearl gets down the lane about 2 feet longer than my Mutant on a fresh oil house condition. The reaction off the dry is a very smooth, arcing motion through the pins. The Pearl hits hard, like all the Cell balls, and continues through the pins without much deflection. Like most pearl shelled balls, the Mutant Pearl will skid long if it stays in the oil too far down lane.
    For bowler's looking to complement the Mutant solid, the Mutant Pearl will fit right in. For bowler's looking for a ball with a little more length down lane with hitting power off the dry, the Mutant Pearl works well.

SenorRotoGrip
    SenorRotoGrip