Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nail Polish Remover to clean ball?

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Quote Originally Posted by kev3inp View Post
    check on bowl.com to make sure whatever brand you're using is legal. As for a cheap cleaner, a lot of people seem to like to use simple green, either with or without alcohol.
    ditto!!!!!
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    +1

I use this stuff, FWIW. I've been pretty happy with it. The only reason I use it is because I bowl with a Hammer bowling ball, and this is the stuff Hammer "strongly" recommends for the type of ball I have. I'd try to find something from your manufacturer. To me, that's the way to go.
    Art, although all the Power House products are all great products and I use them myself, I used to use the Energizer cleaner but found it leaves a film on the surface of the ball due to the citrus added for the smell. I switched to the Power House Ball Cleaner ( Not the Energizer Cleaner) and it makes a big difference in the cleanliness and tacky feeling of the surface . Try just the Power House Ball Cleaner and you will see and feel the difference not only with the feel but with the reaction of the ball. Another great cleaning Power House Product is the Power House Power Wash.
    Hammer Team Member /
    Hammer Message Board Moderator
    NOTHING HITS LIKE A HAMMER

PBA Eastern region Senior Touring Player

Chats: 19

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaRay View Post
    Art, although all the Power House products are all great products and I use them myself, I used to use the Energizer cleaner but found it leaves a film on the surface of the ball due to the citrus added for the smell. I switched to the Power House Ball Cleaner ( Not the Energizer Cleaner) and it makes a big difference in the cleanliness and tacky feeling of the surface . Try just the Power House Ball Cleaner and you will see and feel the difference not only with the feel but with the reaction of the ball. Another great cleaning Power House Product is the Power House Power Wash.
    Ya know, I really appreciate the input. It's kind of nice to have a Hammer guy around! I will have to try that, because I know exactly what you're talking about, and thought the same thing. In either case, I was pretty happy with the performance after cleaning.

On a side note, what do you think of that whole "baking" method of cleaning? I don't think I'd ever do it, I like my ball too much to risk ruining it, and it has to last a while, I'm not made of money.... but I'm intrigued by the process.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12