Thread: Please check with your house rep

Blog Entries
    Chats: 16

Angry Please check with your house rep

There is a rumor on another thread that says that the USBC is planning to start charging per league instead of season. This is crazy. As hard as it is now to build and maintain family leagues and they go and do this. Somebody has lost their minds. Every bowling center is supposed to have a representative. Contact them to see if this is true or just an internet rumor. If it is true. We have to stop it now.

Bowler

Chats: 3

As you said it's a RUMOR of a pilot program in Reno NV. At the USBC Convention Stu Upson "hinted" at a tiered membership that may be in the works, but he also said that it was a long way off. He may give more info it at next years convention.

None of the information has been confirmed. What of the local associations? As it stands now $10 goes to national and up to $10 goes to the local association. Many local associations operate with dues much less than the $10 maximum, however no local association can operate on $0, and the USBC can't operate without the local associations. The information presented in the other post is silent about this subject.
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Blog Entries

Smile Thanks for update.

Ill be looking at as much info as I can get.Ive been bowling since 1971 and have seen so many changes in associations. I want to see a kind of return to a family bowling experience. My son was in the juniors and I coached. When he went adult, he bowled with me. That is happiness. If USBC takes these steps at this time,we may not see moments like that.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Big Dog, Bowl1820... UPDATE FROM RENO... I got the rest of the story on the Blanket Certification fee. USBC put together a proposed pilot program to use in the Greater Reno Sparks Bowling Association that had tiered membership levels based on if bowlers wanted honor awards etc.. It also had had a per league Certification fee... Luckily, the same week, the Proprietors in town made there voices heard in opposition for such a pilot program. Our association told USBC to find another location to test!

I apologize if I ruffled feathers unnecessarily but what I saw and heard was extremely disturbing to the sport I love.

Blog Entries

Default Thanks

I too love the sport. I remember the family atmosphere. This was a way to generate revenue. I guess they want to be at the level of other sports, where the amatuers can used like a farm team. It is a sport,dont get me wrong. I have competed in many tournaments over the years. If it is awards that they are concerned with lets go back to the days of the local associations recognizing local bowlers achievements.