Thread: Can we prevent Bagging?

Default Can we prevent Bagging?

Other than scratch bowling leagues and tourneys, is there any full proof way to prevent bagging?
    Bagging is the bane of bowling and has been around since its beginning, so one would think in all that time, other than scratch, we could have come up with a solution, but alas, I am not smart enough to know how.
    Thought maybe some of you had some ideas.

Chats: 0

its impossible to stop bagging
    IM HERE CAUSE I LOVE THE GAME AND I THINK THIS IS THE BEST BOWLING SITE AROUND

BOOK AVG 216
    CURRENT AVGS SUN-202.8, MON-210.2, WED-208.7, FRI-188.0, FRI-191.0, FRI-221.3, SAT-204.8
    HI GAME SANCTIONED 300 NON SANCTIONED TOURNY 300
    HI SERIES SANCTIONED 797 NON SANCTIONED TOURNY 858

"I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums "

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Quote Originally Posted by stc17 View Post
    its impossible to stop bagging
    this is true
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Bowler

Chats: 3

Thats why USBC has rule 319e. It requires all bowlers to keep track of their tournament averages for the last 12 months. If their tournament average is more than 15 pins higher than their league average they have to use their higher of the 2 provided there are 21 games of tournament play.

This works for tournaments, but league is a different story. If you can demonstrate a person is misrepresenting his average you can charge that person with a rule 17a violation. Rule 17a (2) says misrepresenting an average to gain a greater handicap.... This may be tough to demonstrate to the league board, but most times if someone is called on it they straighten themselves out.

In league one night several years ago we had the other team beaten badly. Their anchor got up in the tenth and deliberately ditched his first ball. Then on his second ball, he attempted to throw it between his legs. I stopped him and threatened him with rule 17a. He wanted to argue, but others backed me up. He has not tried to bag since.
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Quote Originally Posted by PSBA10 View Post
    Thats why USBC has rule 319e. It requires all bowlers to keep track of their tournament averages for the last 12 months. If their tournament average is more than 15 pins higher than their league average they have to use their higher of the 2 provided there are 21 games of tournament play.

This works for tournaments, but league is a different story. If you can demonstrate a person is misrepresenting his average you can charge that person with a rule 17a violation. Rule 17a (2) says misrepresenting an average to gain a greater handicap.... This may be tough to demonstrate to the league board, but most times if someone is called on it they straighten themselves out.

In league one night several years ago we had the other team beaten badly. Their anchor got up in the tenth and deliberately ditched his first ball. Then on his second ball, he attempted to throw it between his legs. I stopped him and threatened him with rule 17a. He wanted to argue, but others backed me up. He has not tried to bag since.
    still with this rule unless their is a tournament club avg ...the average person is not going to keep track of the avg bowling diffrent tournaments
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums