Thread: spare conversion charts

Default spare conversion charts

Does anyone know where to find and down load a chart that shows how to make spare conversions

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

here are almost as many systems for shooting spares as there are bowlers. If you do find a chart to download you will need to adjust it to fit the way that you throw. Most of what I've read on shooting spares boils down to picking a target near the middle of the lane and throwing straight. Once you figure out where to throw from to get the 5 pin sing this target, you then need to figure out how many boards to move your feet to get the other pins. For example I use the 14th board at the arrows as my target and move my feet about 5 boards for each pin over from five. This shouldn't work given the geometry of the lane but I must make some sort of weird subconscious adjustment in my approach.
    John

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Heres one for you.

click here sparechart.jpg

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 1

There was a great article in the USBC's US Bowler magazine in the summer '09 issue that was explained by the pro's. You my ask around the bowling alley and see if any one has a copy of that issue.
    Good luck and good bowling
    Bill

Just curious if anyone here has had success shooting the 5 pin on sport shots with their plastic ball.

Quote Originally Posted by 188 franks View Post
    Does anyone know where to find and down load a chart that shows how to make spare conversions
    This may help too

http://bowlingballgalaxy.com/bowling-tips-instructions/

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by tburg View Post
    Just curious if anyone here has had success shooting the 5 pin on sport shots with their plastic ball.
    Why do you ask? I tend to shoot all my spares with plastic, even the multi-pin ones that "they" say you need to use a more powerful ball on. I have noticed that most of the other bowlers in the sport league just move their feet half a board in and throw at their strike target.
    John

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by tburg View Post

That's what I do on house shots and sport shots. I go straight and hard at any single pin. To me, a hook is thrown to get pin action which you need for strikes, you don't need pin action on single pin leaves.