Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im a Newbie who desires a new ball...

Default Im a Newbie who desires a new ball...

I got a rotogrip Cell Pearl and I love it so... but i dont have a 2nd option when the lanes dry up i cant keep this ball on the lane it hooks so much. im into rotogrip balls so what kinda lower reactive balls do you smart people recommend

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Well if we knew a little bit about how you throw the ball, such as speed and revolutions I could give you a more accurate suggestion. But the Dark Star and the Grenade are good options. I would put a fairly tame layout on the Dark Star to make it enough of a step down from the CP. The Grenade would need a fairly strong layout with polish. Storm (same company as Roto) has the Tropical Heat which is what I would suggest you get.

I throw Medium Speed, Low Hook, and I usually play between 2nd and 3rd arrow... Its fairly straight ball with a nice snap at the end.

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Not sure what I'd recommend. I've got an Ebonite Lanebreaker and a Brunswick Slingshot as my other options for medium and dry. I can't use my Rogue Cell in the current house. It won't hook because it's got nothing left after the heads.

Whiskey: I Like the Dark Star and Grenade what do you think about the Riot?

Kev:ive heard good things about the slingshot, also like the price... never heard of a lanebreaker im gonna look it up online and check it out.

Step into my office

Andrew, I think the Riot will be a little bit too much ball for what you're looking for. Also check out the Tropical Heat. Great ball for drier/medium conditions at a great price. I'd either go with the Dark Star or that. The only difference between the Heats are that the Black/Silver one is a hybrid (solid and pearl coverstock) where the other 2 are strictly pearl.

I like what ive seen on the tropicat heats reaction videos, thats definitely a possibility!!! plus i seen my idol Norm Duke throw it in the cheetah championship...

Step into my office

That's a great idol to have!

hell yea i try to throw it just like him lol

Chats: 221

The black/silver Tropical Heat is about 4-5 boards stronger than the other 2 color options due to its hybrid cover
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast