Thread: Bowling Instructor necessary?

Default Bowling Instructor necessary?

What do you guys thinking of have a coach to improve your play. Besides the cost of instuction, do you think it is really necessary or can we just learn by trial and error and by watching others?

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Quote Originally Posted by liowkc View Post
    What do you guys thinking of have a coach to improve your play. Besides the cost of instuction, do you think it is really necessary or can we just learn by trial and error and by watching others?
    Personally, I think some kind of coaching is essential. At the very least video of yourself to see what you're doing, because I can guarantee that you'll look different on the tape than you do in your mind. You can pick up pointers from better bowlers around you, but what works for them might not work for you. Plus, a lot of good bowlers are terrible coaches. They can tell you what to do, but not how to do it. And if you try to do everything yourself you risk reinforcing bad habits that will be a bear to correct later.

Bowler

Chats: 3

Yes, a bowling coach is a necessity. Look at the pros. They each have a coach they work with. You need a trained set of eyes to see what you are doing, either right or wrong.

The key is the trained eyes. Sure you can get tips from better bowlers, but they typically know how the shot should feel, not how the shot should look.
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Pros use coaches.....nuff said

there is nothing wrong seeking help from a USBC Coach
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

I guess I will go with a USBC Certified Coach or get some bowling advice from IBPSIA Member Pro Shop if I cannot afford the tuition