Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i am 16 and weak....

Chats: 0

Thanks guys, more trying to show that a 14 can hit just fine, I thought previous to changing that it was going to hit like a pink 6lb ball, (obviously knew it wouldn't but kind of had those nightmares of 8-10s and plack 7-10s dancing in my head. BTW, that was my team captain I hung out there and I got him, looks terrible in the vid though. HAHA

Chats: 891

hey not a problem jsut 1 thing to remember if you thorw a 14-15-or 16 lb ball the ball with smash throw the pins and balls thats are 13lbs and lighter will bounce unless u got enouph power and speed on it to make it move right threw the pins but its hard to do cause then a ball wont mvoe in properly itwill morely go streght but gl and hope you do good with a 14lb ball and 15lb ball but remember dont switch between them too often cause u will hurt your arm alot

Chats: 9

i am 14 average 170 with my taboo pearl and track the rising bowling ball, i love both of my balls but sometimes don't hook enough, i saved all of my money for the taboo ball and the ball was perfect at first,bowl my first 300, but then it went down hill from there i have no type of backend so now i get ugly washout and so what ball should i get now because my taboo and the rising is died and to Tyler, go to a local pro shop and buy a wrist device so you can get your wrist staight and get lets of more revs

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by x-mantwohand View Post
    i am 14 average 170 with my taboo pearl and track the rising bowling ball, i love both of my balls but sometimes don't hook enough, i saved all of my money for the taboo ball and the ball was perfect at first,bowl my first 300, but then it went down hill from there i have no type of backend so now i get ugly washout and so what ball should i get now because my taboo and the rising is died and to Tyler, go to a local pro shop and buy a wrist device so you can get your wrist staight and get lets of more revs
    Have you tried any of the methods described in other posts to remove the oil that has accumulated in your ball? That should be the first step before saying that you need a new ball.
    John

x-mantwohand i did the same thign when i got ym freeze for the first 2-3 weeks i was doing great but after that i have gone down hill too but the thing is its the lane condtion they are never the same you have to adjust to the right know im playing on water in the oil soo im having to move over the right gutter and throw it right at the pocket cause mymball is not rolling out at the end like noone in are leaugeis but if you need any help with 2 hand bowling i cna help you cause my borhters a 2 handed bowling and he can bowl any line.

jut tell me anything u would like to know about a ball moving tell me layout better take a picture of it and show everyone here and i can find u a perfect line to play and remember to tell what type of oil condtion you play on like medium heavy dry

People like to relate to bowling as a very nonphysical and easy sport when it's not. Try to get into a gym or something along the lines that involves fitness / strength training. Being fit is a huge advantage for bowling and being able to stay in 110% mode gets very tiring after a while. Tournaments that involve multiple shifts and games wear you out after a while. Practice more and develop some work outs to help you get stronger and more "relaxed" when bowling. Power is a plus in the sport, but consistency is the key. Don't think that having a lot of rotation will make you a better bowler. It will just at times help with pin carry, but will result in more nasty looking splits. Also, being versatile with the game helps a lot and that also comes into play with fitness and strength. Find a coach nearby as well and seek some advice. It's always a wonderful thing to have when someone is demonstrating to you certain exercises that could further improve your game.

Chats: 7

in my opinion that is just too many games... you should never exceed 10 games in a single practice session. anything more than that and you could hurt yourself, and bowling 40 games in 1 day is simply un-heard of. so i dont know whats going on there. the strength will come the more you bowl, just be patient, im 16 too and i throw the same weight. i had to bowl 26 games in a tournament before so i know the "noodle feeling" that your talking about, are you in any leagues? do you have a bowling coach? have you competed in any major tournaments/events? and do you have any video's of your bowling?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Ha ha. I have bowled 40 games a day or more many times. I know, I'm a bit twisted. Practice is never less than 10 games. I usually practice by myself between coaching appointments and can get all 10 games in in under an hour. I'm 43, 6' tall and 210lbs with a physical day job.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Another exercise: fill a bucket with rice or sand. The rice is cleaner. Put your hand in there and move your hand around and clench your fist too. I read about this as a kid. Pitchers did it to improve wrist and forearm strength to improve their curve balls.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

bill i have done that before helps but it never helped me do my curve ball still cant do one but i got a crazy screwball no clue how i learned i was just able to do it i cna do a screwball is hard ball and fast pitch but noone likes me when i do it cause sometimes it over curves and hits the batter (in you now where)
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast