Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: i am 16 and weak....

There is an exercise that works wonders for your entire upper body. I used to do this all the time when I was racing moto-x. Tie a shoulder height length of rope around the center of a dumb bell handle(or something similar), and tie the other end to a five pound weight(approximate). Now hold the bar straight out in front of you and rotate(twist) the bar until the weight reaches the bar, and then unwind, lowering the weight to the floor.
    Do this often, and you will have Popeye forearms in no time!

Chats: 891

yeah serial it works better with one of those strechy bands cause then u got more to turn and it will make it abit harder but use it on a 10lb dumbell thats a challange 5lb dumbells are easy untill your arms are tied of being out into of you.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

That is why you use a lighter weight with more reps, it builds endurance.

Chats: 891

yeah you dont want to do many reps cause the mor reps u do then u ahve to do 3 sets of it where if u use a heavyer wait u cna just do 1 super set witch is alot of reps.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

You will figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by mikejones View Post
    One great exercise to try out is to get a gallon of water and do wrist curls. This will help to build the strength in your wrist and forearm. One great thing to practice is to hold the weight of the ball in your non bowling hand until your push away. This will help your wrist last a bit longer as well. Moving up in weight always takes some getting used to. Just give it time and the ball will feel lighter as you get used to it.
    This is great idea! I have the same problem as tylersheehy. I'm going to try this now. Thanks for the tip.

Chats: 0

Tomorrow is sunday! grab the paper when your dad and mom are done with it. open a page all the way and place your hand in the middle and crinkle the paper to a whad in your bowling hand. Trust me this is a big work out, do it several times and give it a final squeeze when you have it in your fist.

I picked this tip up for forearms at the gym a long time ago its killer!

and by the way the forearm is made of fast twitch muscles, make it stronger by lots and lots of reps heavy weight can cause problems.

oh and farmer walks are pretty good. you just grab a moderate dumbbell weight and walk around a track, that's if you have one around you, you could use.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123