Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i am 16 and weak....

Default i am 16 and weak....

i have a 13lb hammer anger raw hammer and 14lb hammer black widow venom and i JUST got a 15lb roto grip cell pearl used. i love the cell it curves more than any of my balls but i bowled 12 games and i am beat. i usually do 40 with my lighter balls. i dont have enough wrist strength to keep my wrists bent till the release, when i come down my wrists turn to noodles no mater how fast or slow my arm moves. and when i do release i find myself being flung to the right to get as much spin on the ball as possible and i still only get about 175 revs(i usually get 250 with my 13 and 14lb)
    do you know any at home worhouts i can doo to build up wrist strength and balance so i dont have to move right to get curve on the ball. i appreciate ANY FEEDBACK AT ALL(except if you tell me to jack off,i am being seriousn and dont appreciate smartass comments)

One great exercise to try out is to get a gallon of water and do wrist curls. This will help to build the strength in your wrist and forearm. One great thing to practice is to hold the weight of the ball in your non bowling hand until your push away. This will help your wrist last a bit longer as well. Moving up in weight always takes some getting used to. Just give it time and the ball will feel lighter as you get used to it.

I bowl with 14 pound equipment except one ball which is a 15. Three work outs you can do:

-Push ups for upper body strength
    -Wrist curls for wrist strength
    -Tennis ball...squeeze a tennis ball over and over or a stress ball...that'll build up wrist strength as well.

Curling your bowling balls work too for arm strength.
    Follow Me: http://www.bowlsk.com/view-profile.html?user=2652222
    Current Arsenal:
    Brunswick Rattler (14lb) & Brunswick Viz-A-Ball (Brunswick Logo) (14lb) & Hammer No Mercy (15lb) (Soon to be Storm)

Don't forget about leg strength. Balance can be affected a lot by leg strength. I started using a knee brace to help with pain for a while, but I discovered it also helped with balance because it effectively strengthened my sliding knee.

I curl a 15lb dumbbell and sometimes my ball (14lb) a few times a week and that has helped wrist strength a lot. I sit and work on a computer all day, so my legs don't get as much exercise as I'd like.

Chats: 891

ok i see what you mean i use too have the same problem and i did what most of these guys sead to do wrist curles are good but they do hurt alot soo do it after your done leauge for 2 days only then rest but then another thing that i did to inprove my wrist is 1 pratice it alot and 2 i did planks and then every 10 seconds use your wriss and push your body up and hold for 5 seconds but remember to keep your wrists together it give you more of a challenge

You bowled 12 games in a row and you are beat? I would be too. What amount of games are most of you playing in a day? Am I reading this right?

Chats: 0

I am 6 ft and 175 lbs, athletic build and been bowling most of my life. I went down to 14lb from 15 about 3 years ago. I bowled a tournament last weekend and 3 or 4 people commented on how hard my ball hits the pins and they were shocked to hear I threw 14. My father is 6'4 and 230lbs and went down to 14. He is bowling at the highest level he has since he was in his 20s when he was on tour. With 14, you will increase speed and rev rate (in the majority of people) and have more control of the ball in your swing. I love the 14lb and will never go back. That is a shot of me throwing 14 from a couple weeks ago on a sport shot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KTSzl8Z-I4 Moving up too early in weight will cause armswing, wrist and shoulder problems. As well as most likely a deterioration in your form. Don't move up to quick, stay with something comfortable.
    Hope that helps

^^ You totally left that guy hanging at the end. Gratz on the perfect though!

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Wow Ben, great form and smooth release! Very impressed!
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Chats: 891

nice job ben i use to throw a 14 lb ball but it was too light for me i was throwing it down and it was not catching at all so i went up to a 15 and i got abit of controll with it but not alot but im still working on ym controll too soo but with the 15lb ball my speed is slower and i got perfect rev rate and the ball know catches going down the lane i do still have a 14 lb ball for when the lanes burn out or are just plain dry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast