Thread: Greetings from Colorado

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default Greetings from Colorado

I am not new to bowling, but back into it after 20 years. I started as a youth/teen and bowled with a finger-tip plastic ball (I know!!!). I upgraded to a Red Hammer Razr and was pretty consistent with it. I recently purchased a 14# Storm Gravity, which I love, but dropped my average WAY down. My main problem is consistant release and hook control. I have used a Mongoose lifter for years and it is starting to fall apart. I would like to know if anyone has used the Storm Gadget and what they think of it. I throw a slower ball, around 11mph, and was told the track on my Razr is perfect as far as where to ball rotates on the lane. I just cannot adjust for my inconsistant throw and hook to get my new ball in the pocket! I've tried playing 5 board straight as well as standing far left (I'm right handed) and throwing out hoping it will come back into the pocket, but nothing seems to be working. I'm hoping for a positioner that will allow me to throw/release more consistantly.
    Thanks!

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Hi and welcome. PSBA10 has a Storm Gadget for sale he says was too big for him. You might want to send him a PM and look into it.

What is Bowling?

Thanks, and I would, except I'm female - small hand, so it would be too big for me.

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Quote Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
    Thanks, and I would, except I'm female - small hand, so it would be too big for me.
    And I was to know that how? Damn, now I'm talking like Yoda!

What is Bowling?

No problem. LOL I did forget to mention it.

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

I am not new to bowling, but back into it after 20 years. I started as a youth/teen and bowled with a finger-tip plastic ball (I know!!!). I upgraded to a Red Hammer Razr and was pretty consistent with it. I recently purchased a 14# Storm Gravity, which I love, but dropped my average WAY down. My main problem is consistent release and hook control. I have used a Mongoose lifter for years and it is starting to fall apart. I would like to know if anyone has used the Storm Gadget and what they think of it. I throw a slower ball, around 11mph, and was told the track on my Razr is perfect as far as where to ball rotates on the lane. I just cannot adjust for my inconsistent throw and hook to get my new ball in the pocket! I've tried playing 5 board straight as well as standing far left (I'm right handed) and throwing out hoping it will come back into the pocket, but nothing seems to be working. I'm hoping for a positioner that will allow me to throw/release more consistently.
    Thanks!

Hello fellow Coloradoan!!! It is an honor to have you here and please tell a friend.
    Go Broncos!

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

hey there and welcome to the site ....may you find all your needs here !
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

No problem. LOL I did forget to mention it.

Hope to see you around the bowling forums. Let us know if you need anything
    Go Broncos!

Welcome, glad you find us.

You will find your sweet spot to the pocket, but the looking can be frustrating.

Okay since you asked (okay, okay, okay you didn't, but I'll tell you anyway)
    1. Practice on the same lane conditions as on league (or as close as possible).
    2. Have a buddy help you with your approach and release, another set of eyes helps.
    3. Try throwing the ball without a wrist support (unless you have wrist injury that prevents you from doing this)
    4. Have fun
    5. Forget everything I said and find a good coach, one who can instruct better than I.

Well, see you around the forum.
    All pins are POSSESSED, I'm just happy to be able to exorcise the poor dears and put them out of their misery.
    It's the least I can do
    High Game: 265
    High Series: 665
    Avg.: 180

I'm a proud member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums

Mack Daddy
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Greetings and welcome! Enjoy your time here.
    There's always one off center in the rack

Info: AVG 206, Stroker, Righty, Gladiator Pearl, Track The Rising, Hammer Rayzr, Storm Virtual Gravity, Storm Reign, PBA Platinum

Wish List-Hammer Jigsaw

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums