Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adjusting to my new house

Default Adjusting to my new house

Hi all,
    Newbie here. I just switched to a house that is using a 41' oil pattern and my scores went right down the toilet. I typically carry about a 208 - 215 average but this house is getting to me. My ball is hooking so hard when it gets past the pattern that I cannot get it under control. My main ball is a Storm Fired Up and it usually has a pretty good, gradual hook. Now, it is snapping once it hits the backend. Would adding a counter weight hole help slow the snap? Or would polishing the ball be the way to go? Any other tips?
    I am a high-speed, high-rev bowler and have had very little success with changing that approach...
    Thanks!

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by rmndlws View Post
    Hi all,
    Newbie here. I just switched to a house that is using a 41' oil pattern and my scores went right down the toilet. I typically carry about a 208 - 215 average but this house is getting to me. My ball is hooking so hard when it gets past the pattern that I cannot get it under control. My main ball is a Storm Fired Up and it usually has a pretty good, gradual hook. Now, it is snapping once it hits the backend. Would adding a counter weight hole help slow the snap? Or would polishing the ball be the way to go? Any other tips?
    I am a high-speed, high-rev bowler and have had very little success with changing that approach...
    Thanks!

I just wanted to say hello and Welcome to the site. I might think that a different line or step pattern might help. Do you have a video of your bowling by any chance?
    Go Broncos!

Thanks for the welcome. I do not have a video yet but I will get one tomorrow night.
    Thanks again!

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by rmndlws View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. I do not have a video yet but I will get one tomorrow night.
    Thanks again!

Sounds great. That way some of the seasoned pros can look at what they think is going on with your bowling game.
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 0

personally i feel that a good polish should tone the ball down on what seems like a shorter pattern let me know if you have any more questions
    BowlingBoards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forum

www.bowlingboards.com

Arsenal:
    Storm Gravity Shift
    Roto Grip Cell and Cell Pearl
    Hammer Psycho
    Ebonite Raid

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

welcome to the site and if there is anything that we can do for you please let us know
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    I just wanted to say hello and Welcome to the site. I might think that a different line or step pattern might help. Do you have a video of your bowling by any chance?
    I would agree also to this, but would get a few practice games under your belt with this pattern to find your line or approach.
    All pins are POSSESSED, I'm just happy to be able to exorcise the poor dears and put them out of their misery.
    It's the least I can do
    High Game: 265
    High Series: 665
    Avg.: 180

I'm a proud member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums

Bowler

Chats: 3

I'm curious to know what line you are throwing. The answer might be as simple as moving deeper.
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Imno225 is very anoying, go away with your ads.

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

I get a sudden taste for spiced pork shoulder and ham in a can, while Vikings sing in the background.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast