Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: What do you use for a spare ball?

Chats: 60

Wink Spare for sure

I have three balls. One for strike shot, one for spares pin #3 and left and use a house ball for anything pin #6 and right as in pin #6, #9 and #10. I cannot for anything get to the right of me with my strike ball or my second ball. A Spare is a must for me from now on.

Chats: 1

I use a Brunswick 15 lb. black and silver sparkle Rhino for ten pins. I have no idea how old the ball is 'cause it was used when I bought it. Thinking about getting a 16 lb. plastic since I throw 16, I told the pro shop to let me know if get a used 16 lb. plastic ball in. The spare ball is the only ball I would ever buy used, I just can't see spending a lot of money on a piece of plastic.
    Good luck and good bowling
    Bill

I actually use my Ebonit 14pound Maxim for my spare, that way I get the practice in for accurate straight throws and have that ability to get as close to the mark as I can when I do need it. I roll My Lanebreaker or my Mutant Cell otherwise depending on lane conditions. (currently on Shark Pattern where I play)

Chats: 60

Default #?

Quote Originally Posted by hokiefan76 View Post
    I actually use my Ebonit 14pound Maxim for my spare, that way I get the practice in for accurate straight throws and have that ability to get as close to the mark as I can when I do need it. I roll My Lanebreaker or my Mutant Cell otherwise depending on lane conditions. (currently on Shark Pattern where I play)
    What is the weight of your non-spare balls? You said you use a 14# for spares, is the weight of your strike ball(s) higher or lower?

owl

Bowler
    Chats: 0

I stated bowling again this year but due to my now permanent disability. I'm only using a 10# slingshot. But I have been having a hard time getting the ball to stay right and cover 6 or 10 pins.
    So i've now added a columbia wd and even using it for my strike ball. I use the slingshot for any left side pins and the wd for right side pins.

Bowler
    Chats: 290

i use a 16lbs plastic VIZ-A-BALL! i got it and my avg has gone up 12 pins cant complain about that but i only throw a 15lbs strike shot but im strong enough to overcome the weight diffrence i dont even fell it, lowered my speed down to about 18mph instead of 20

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789