Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you use for a spare ball?

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    I would like to offer another reason for using a spare ball.

It's a way to increase the life of your strike balls. Because it helps in reducing how much oil is absorbed by your strike ball.
    yes indeed i keep that in mind as well..
    jason poe
    Personal Game Highs
    299 & 300 (Back 2 Back Weeks)
    Current average 209
    proud member of [U]bowlingboards.com

Default what do you use for a spare ball??

I use a AMF Orbit Xtreme for 6-10's, 10 pin, splits, & any dry lane conditions..thought about Air Force vis-a-ball, but I don't have room for it right now..

Bowl good

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

I'm a right handed bowler amd I throw a hook so the 10 and the 6-10 pins are my nemisis. I'm convinced that every 10 pin in the county I live in has my name on it. My husband finally talked me into getting a plastic ball for my 10 pins. It is a T-Zone and lo & behold, for every ten 10 pins I leave, I've been able to pick up at least 8 or 9 of them with the plastic ball. It has changed my entire attitude about the game and I actually look forward to my league nights. Every time I left a ten pin, I automatically felt defeated 'cause I knew I wasn't going to pick it up, but no more!! My confidence has risen greatly. I'm glad I finally took my husbands advice. Unfortunately it's too late in the season to raise my average significantly this year but I'm now averaging closer to 180-185 and I'm really happy about that. I'm hoping that next season I'll see a significant difference.

Bowler
    Chats: 20

im a right handed bowler, i use my strike ball (CELL) that is as tommy says "drilled to snap" and i can get teh 10 pin easily. but now that i got my ball cleaned and i left it in teh sun for a few hours to get the oil out of it that might not happy lol

but the 7 pins is HARD for me to get yet the 10 pin is EASY....why is that??? keep in my i am a RIGHT handed bowler

I only use a spare ball for the 10 pin, or the 6-10! I use my strike ball for everything else. My spare ball is a Scooby Doo plastic ball.
    High Game: 277
    High Series: 661
    '08-'09 Avg: 175

Quote Originally Posted by maverick_124 View Post
    im a right handed bowler, i use my strike ball (CELL) that is as tommy says "drilled to snap" and i can get teh 10 pin easily. but now that i got my ball cleaned and i left it in teh sun for a few hours to get the oil out of it that might not happy lol

but the 7 pins is HARD for me to get yet the 10 pin is EASY....why is that??? keep in my i am a RIGHT handed bowler
    maverick,

This has come up before in other threads and to paraphrase, 7 pins can be more difficult for a righty due to the amount of oil and different lane topogrophy we need to cover to cross the lane. A lot of oil and it slides right by, to little oil and it hooks into the gutter.

This thread and this topic is a perfect reason to get a plastic ball that doesn't read the lane like our strike balls. if you go straight at the pin and you know the ball won't hook, then you don't need to worry. The initial trajectory will either do it, or it won't...it takes the lane out of the equation.

Bear in mine that I too struggle with the 7's as a righty...I can take 98% of my 10 pins...its the damn 7's I get worried about...especially since each single pin I miss I have to pay $0.25 to the ciddy...
    High Game 289 (quite a few)
    High Series 719
    High average 195

HOLIDAY!!! YOU'RE WEARING YOUR STREET SHOES!

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

Default I've been considering getting a plastic ball

but my LM Hornet does the job for me just fine. Has just enough of a core to give me a little bit of extra room if I pull it right.

Chats: 2315

My strike ball, I just throw it straight for the 6 and 10 pin, and the 3-6-10 and company most of the time.

Red,white and blue spiral vizaball. As an added bonus it hypnotizes my competitors, lol.

I use a plastic brunswick chicago bears viz a ball for the 7s and 10s and try and use my strike ball for the rest.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast