Thread: US Open

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Thumbs up US Open

So, the US Open started yesterday. Probably the toughest condition these bowlers compete on all year. A very long, flat pattern that forces accuracy and repeating ball speed. Fero Williams, an amateur, is off to a great start.

Who is your pick to win?

I'm going with Stormin' Norman Duke, with my sleepers being Chris Loschetter, Andres Gomez and Ryan Shafer.

Tom Smallwood, but keeping my eye on Mason Brantley.

Step into my office

3 of my guys made it to the top 24!

What did people think about the show tonight?
    Current equipment: Roto Grip Hyper Cell Skid, Storm Fusion, Storm HyRoad, Storm IQ Tour Solid, Columbia White Dot. High Game: 300 High Series: 833
    See me at: mrbowling300
    See my classic pro bowler tour videos at: http://www.mrbowling300.com

Chats: 2

That's a horrible way to win a US Open, but I love Norm too much to be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by theluigi View Post
    That's a horrible way to win a US Open, but I love Norm too much to be upset.
    I'd say it was a horrible way to lose a US Open, but a "great" way to win. (Norm throwing something like 6 great shots.)

Hey, norm put himself in a position to have a chance, despite a stone 8. It was probably less than a 2% chance Mika would miss and he did!. Congrats to Norm! My heart goes out to Mika. And we all learned some Finnish swear words, too!
    Current equipment: Roto Grip Hyper Cell Skid, Storm Fusion, Storm HyRoad, Storm IQ Tour Solid, Columbia White Dot. High Game: 300 High Series: 833
    See me at: mrbowling300
    See my classic pro bowler tour videos at: http://www.mrbowling300.com

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Everybody gets to see that even the pros can blow a 10 pin. It looked lke Mika and the wife were sniping at each other before he just shut down. What a stunner, though.

Step into my office

I guess I picked it right Norm threw almost every shot with perfection the last half of the game. If it weren't for the stone 8, the 10 pin wouldn't have mattered. You gotta feel bad for Mika though, that's rough. No, wait.. he's won over 300k this year. I don't feel bad. lol