Thread: problem with my release

Default problem with my release

im pretty new to bowling, i average about 100-120 per game. when i throw the bowl to the lane i set up like a two hand throw but i dont use two hands to throw it. i use a 12lbs house ball as well. should i lower the weight if i cant pull back the ball with just one hand?

Step into my office

Chats: 42

No, you should have a ball drilled to fit your hand. House balls are drilled with large holes so everyone can use them. When a ball fits your hand it will feel much, much lighter. Bowling with a house ball is like wearing someone else's retainer. It just doesn't fit and you get no use out of it.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Basin View Post
    No, you should have a ball drilled to fit your hand. House balls are drilled with large holes so everyone can use them. When a ball fits your hand it will feel much, much lighter. Bowling with a house ball is like wearing someone else's retainer. It just doesn't fit and you get no use out of it.
    Whiskey's right, although the analogy was a little disgusting.

I myself have only been bowling since December, but the difference between a house ball and a ball drilled to fit your hand is amazing. I could easily see someone who throws a 12# house ball throwing a 14# or maybe even 15# ball if its fit to your hand. The ball just feels lighter.

Having your own ball also helps you develop a consistent shot and maintain higher scores.

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

A lot of pro shops have a package deal for a ball, bag and shoes, and there's a world of difference when you have a ball fitted to your hand. And I feel much better knowing only my feet have been in the shoes. LOL!

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Quote Originally Posted by theluigi View Post
    Whiskey's right, although the analogy was a little disgusting.

I myself have only been bowling since December, but the difference between a house ball and a ball drilled to fit your hand is amazing. I could easily see someone who throws a 12# house ball throwing a 14# or maybe even 15# ball if its fit to your hand. The ball just feels lighter.

Having your own ball also helps you develop a consistent shot and maintain higher scores.
    Yes, it was pretty gross. But there was no doubt about the point I was trying to make, right?
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.