Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A ten pin away!

Bowler
    Chats: 4

Wow those are really long. The ones here go for 2 10-12 weeks. I don't think I could commit to such a long league.

On topic, wow. Congratulations on your new sanctioned score. I have yet to get a 600 series! Good luck with your 700 next week! Let us know how it went.

Ringer
    Chats: 32

thx 4 all the support.. i'll keep going until i get that 700..

Quote Originally Posted by StormGirl View Post
    Wow those are really long. The ones here go for 2 10-12 weeks. I don't think I could commit to such a long league.
    PBA Membership Requirement:

There are three ways to become a member of the Professional Bowlers Association

A 200 average or better for the most recent league season with at least 36 games in that league.

A 190 average or better in a sanctioned USBC Sport Bowling League. This is a league run by the USBC using the PBA patterns.

You can find out if there are sports leagues near you by contacting the USBC at (800) 514-BOWL (2695).

Cashing in a PBA Regional tournament as a non-member.

So.....
    Am I the only one here who wants to join??
    Last edited by Trex; 11-15-2011 at 06:48 AM.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Those are still great scores bud! My highest right now is a 234! You'll find that 300, and 700 series! good luck good bowling

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    PBA Membership Requirement:

There are three ways to become a member of the Professional Bowlers Association

A 200 average or better for the most recent league season with at least 36 games in that league.

A 190 average or better in a sanctioned USBC Sport Bowling League. This is a league run by the USBC using the PBA patterns.

You can find out if there are sports leagues near you by contacting the USBC at (800) 514-BOWL (2695).

Cashing in a PBA Regional tournament as a non-member.

So.....
    Am I the only one here who wants to join??
    Not sure that I want to join, but I'd love to get to the point where I could enter a regional and see how I do against the pros.
    John

I would love to eventually bowl on the pba! It would be a dream come true.

Bowler

Bowling on the PBA would be a dream come true. I know people at my local alley who have bowled with the pros, and they say it's a great experience to have. If I ever get to a 200 average, I'll definitely try it out myself.

Not to mention bowling on the pba, at least trying to get on tour is heavy on the pocket I know someone who bowls at my local alley that has a 214 avg but can't afford the amount needed.

Bowler

Yeah I know a few people who can't afford the fees. I wonder how much it costs exactly

Quote Originally Posted by StormGirl View Post
    Yeah I know a few people who can't afford the fees. I wonder how much it costs exactly
    Well I can tell you it is not cheap to bowl on the regional level, on the Southern PBA Regional Tour most
    if not all of the tournaments will cost you $220.00 if you are a member and $285.00 if you're not plus the
    cost of your PBA membership which is a $99 initiation fee plus $300 annually plus the transportation cost
    to and from the tournaments plus hotel/food etc., etc.,. If a person is serious about joining the PBA and
    intends to bowl quite a few tournaments then you will need to line up some sponsors or have some mighty
    deep pockets of your own.

I was in the process of getting ready to join the Southern Regional PBA Tour back in 1999 until I injured
    my back at work. I already had my membership form filled out and already had several sponsors lined up
    and was good to go until my back injury happened and that wound that up. I didn't get back to bowling
    until this season so I was out of bowling for 12 years and man is it ever hard to get back in the swing of
    it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast