Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the biggest flaw in your bowling game?

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Default What is the biggest flaw in your bowling game?

Hey guys,

I thought it might be cool if we all shared our biggest flaw when it comes to bowling. Others on the boards may have a great tip that we've never thought of that can help!

For me, it's the speed of my footwork during my approach. I like to run to the line, but when I keep it slow I bowl well, normally.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Chats: 5

My timing has become terrible. If I am too fast to the line, I am there before my ball and I will tug it left. If I am too slow, I end up dropping my shoulder and missing my mark to the right. It's a pain in my rear, but I am working on it as much as I can.
    Black Widow (Original) - Black Widow Sting (retired) - Hammer Sauce (retired) - Hammer Plague - Hammer Taboo - Hammer Clear Spider (spare ball)
    NOTHING HITS LIKE A HAMMER

I often rush myself and that is when I start missing. I have to constantly remind myself to slow down.

I'm right-handed, and my arm wants to cross over my body when rolling the ball. My coach says I need to build muscle memory for my arm to go straight. I gotta start doing those drills! I also look up from my target too early sometimes.

Step into my office

Chats: 42

It seems like rushing to the line is a problem for many of us!
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Chats: 2

I just need to be more consistent in hitting my mark. I need to get my pre-shot routine down and stick to it!
    Bowling since December 2010.

Currently Throwing : Storm Marvel 14# and Ebonite Tornado 14#

I'm always in a hurry, theres a huge difference between the bowler I am when I take my time and the bowler I am when I'm in a hurry and not thinking. Aside from that my pushaway is hideous. Everytime I see myself bowl on a camera or home video I can't help but cringe, not to mention my timing has gotten really late but then again it's kind of always been that way.

But I manage somehow and have avoided causing myself and those around me sever bodily injury in the process. So it's not all bad.

Chats: 221

Footwork and balance. Bowling in the cast the last 6 years have created some bad habits. I have been improving them slowly. I plan on attending Fred Bordens clinic in July
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Super Moderator
    Chats: 91

My flaw is laziness in my follow through. Instead of being in control, I almost seem to want to end the shot before I am done. I get the ball of my hand and just give up.

This is the next big piece of my game that I need to work on.

I would say my spare game. It's frustrating that 95% of the time, I can hit my mark on my first ball within 1 board on either side, but on spares it's more like 50% of the time. Overall conversion rate is somewhere around 70% on the season on non-splits, I'm probably leaving 12 pins per game on missed non-splits (205 avg). I know I won't be perfect, but I'd like to hit my mark on spares just as often as my first ball.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast