Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowlingball.com

Chats: 1

Default Bowlingball.com

Is bowlingball.com safe to order from?
    Last edited by mhrinko; 04-06-2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Misspelled words

Chats: 2

Yeah, definitely.

Gotta be one of, if not THE most trusted name online as far as bowling equipment goes.
    Bowling since December 2010.

Currently Throwing : Storm Marvel 14# and Ebonite Tornado 14#

Thank You, I just wanted to make sure before i go spending all this money and get ripped off.

Step into my office

Chats: 42

You certainly won't be ripped off!
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

I have never had a problem with them. The only thing I don't like is having to pay sales tax because they're in-state. For price and service there are none better. They may get equalled occasionally, but never bettered.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by kev3inp View Post
    I have never had a problem with them. The only thing I don't like is having to pay sales tax because they're in-state. For price and service there are none better. They may get equalled occasionally, but never bettered.
    I don't know about Florida, but here in Connecticut you owe the state sales tax even if the seller is out of state. I don't know if they can actually check on it for any thing other than cars.
    John

Thanks guys!

Super Moderator

Officially, you are supposed to pay state sales tax for all purchases, but I don't know anyone who does.

Super Moderator
    Chats: 91

Yes, technically you are supposed to pay sales tax on everything you purchase. States make it easy by forcing the seller to collect it on your behalf. Kevin, sorry that we have to charge you sales tax. I think it's a matter of time where the government makes all internet retailers charge a national Internet sales tax. At which point, I am hoping that the state tax falls off and the government divvies the money appropriately to the states. There are too many transactions being completed online where government is losing money.

Plus that will bring a more level playing field to online competition. It's harder for us to compete in FL because of the tax issue. However, you are also more likely to get your product in 1 day vs 3-5 days with us. :-)

Super Moderator

No big deal, John, it's just an accident of where I live. And yes, purchases arrive much quicker. Barnes and Noble also charges FL tax, but they take their sweet time delivering. And you really think that an internet purchase tax will eliminate state sales taxes? When do taxes go down here, unless you're filthy rich? I'm calling our governor "Silent P."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast