Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Smoking while bowling

Alcohol=Profit.

There is very little chance that a dry league would add enough people to replace the lost income from the bar. Booze is a huge moneymaker for the alleys.

most of the alleys around here don't even have bars in them, and they still wouldn't be able to take alcohol away from the leagues there, cause they'd lose too many people for sure. It may not effect a friday morning church league, but it wold effect most of the nights

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 136

Sorry to say this but, smoking in an alley, is not good for you and for the people around you. Take care of yourself.

It's illegal to smoke inside a business in the county I live in, so smoking is a no-go for both bowling alleys in my town.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

I am so glad that smoking is no longer allowed in the bowling alleys. I bowled in 1995, before the bans. I absolutely hated coming home smelling like cigarette smoke. I would have to change, and shower immediately after getting home. I'll never forget the smell wafting off my dirty bowling clothes sitting in the hamper.

Chats: 22

Just noticed on Monday that smoking is still allowed at my alley, though not on weekends. They must have really good ventilation because I noticed somebody smoking a few lanes over and I couldn't smell it. I quit smoking analogs over 2 years ago (analogs are what we e-cig smokers call "normal" cigarettes) and my sense of smell returned with a vengance. I'll admit it was nice to be able to take a few puffs of my e-cig every 4 or 5 frames.

I remember the olden days when the ashtrays were build right in to the tables!

Chats: 35

There are still a few alleys around here that allow smoking all the time, and some that allow smoking only during certain times depending on what the local city ordinance is for the particular town they are in. I was going to one place that allowed smoking because they had some pretty cheap rates a few nights a week while my kids were in soccer practice. The smell of smole was so heavy in the air that you labor to even breathe in there, it just hit you like a ton of bricks as soon as you walk in the door. I finally quit going there and would rather drive the 10 extra mile to go one that doesn't allow smoking.

Chats: 2

Pan, was the guy smoking an e-cig? I heard those don't have a smell to them. At least not a tobacco and smoke smell.
    Bowling - it's easy when you understand all the physics beneath the surface.
    High game - 300
    High league game - 290 x3
    High series - 802

I don't mind people smoking outdoors. It's not really a big deal since outside the wind moves it around. But when people start smoking indoors, it gets ridiculous. You cannot escape the smoke, whether it be the chemicals in it or just the smell in general. It's irritating to the eyes. I could never go with my friends who had any respiratory problems.

Honestly, bowling hasn't lost anything since indoor smoking bans.

Chats: 22

Quote Originally Posted by jimlc2001 View Post
    Pan, was the guy smoking an e-cig? I heard those don't have a smell to them. At least not a tobacco and smoke smell.
    Nope he was smoking a regular cigarette. That's what surprised me - I can usually smell not just somebody smoking but even if someone has [I]been[I] smoking. I guess smoking isn't very popular at my alley, otherwise the place would reek. After I noticed him, then I saw the ashtrays here and there. I had no idea they allowed smoking so they have some kind of state of the art ventilation system lol

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast