Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking while bowling

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2

Default Smoking while bowling

Does anybody miss those days when smoking was allowed at the bowling lanes? If you are a smoker, did you get higher scores back then when you could bowl and relax with a smoke, or doesn't it make any difference?

Step into my office

Chats: 42

It's a lot better now for those that don't smoke, I'll tell you that. However, there was quite a decent percentage of bowlers that quit when smoking was banned from bowling alleys in Florida. There are still some states that permit smoking in bowling alleys (I believe).
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

I can honestly say I DO NOT MISS smelling like an ash tray when I leave the bowling center. I will wait on the smokers to have their smoke between games as opposed to having the cigarette burn constantly in the bowling circle!
    I am not sure the non-smoking rule had as much effect on bowlers leaving the sport as the cost increases over the last few years. I know that personally I have cut back to 1 league per week when in years past I have bowled 2 or 3. Money is tight so the little extras had to go!
    But I am glad there is no smoking in our Centers!

I Quit smoking when the new laws went into effect. ...My score's are better since I Quit, and I don't miss smelling like an ash tray either... as "The Mom above me stated".

As a previous smoker... I understand the need to smoke, But as one who quit smoking...I wish smoking could be banned from the property all together unless there is a bar where...If the center has a bar that is sectioned off from the lanes...Meaning you have to open a door to go into the bar, and the bar is ventilated so that the smoke cannot reach the bowling area...Then that is fine with me.

I use to smoke three cartons a week, no way I could afford that now...Plus I ended up with Cancer!!
    Luckily I beat the Cancer!! And I hope It never returns!!

With that being said, I now cannot stand the smell when I am forced to be around it, And My Score's are better because I learned how to deal with life & stress without the crutch of the Cigarette smoking, although it did take some time.
    My Score's suffered a little but only for about a few months and then I was fine. Now it is a little annoying to have to wait on bowlers who must take that smoke break...lol

Blog Entries

Congrats on quitting, Trex. So glad that you are free from cancer. My ex-wife smoked, and after I moved out I got my sense of smell back and put on 50 pounds!!!
    What is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.

Thanks very much Comfortably Numb. ....I thought I might lose some weight from Quiting, but noooooo!! Have not lost a single pound, but did not gain any either so I guess I can be glad of that.

Wow I'm happy for you Trex! The place I bowl at does have a bar that's sectioned off so that smokers could run in there to smoke really quick. I haven't bowled when it was legal to smoke inside the whole alley so can't say much about that. Never minded having to run into the bar for a quick smoke in between games though.

Chats: 1

The one great thing about smoking in the bowling alley, was the lack of birthday parties. Wow do I ever miss those days, and yes I quit smoking but not because of that. I wis they'd bring back smoking just to get rid of cupcakes, skittles, M&M's, gum, spilled sodas, and god knows what ever else they can think to trow on the floors. Oh, and I almost forgot the pizza toppings, lets not forget the sausage under the tables. Cause lets face the facts, even if the staff does know how to clean the place up, a lot of times they just don't have enough time to oil the lanes, and clean up after the little darlings the way it should be done. So, I say bring back the smoking, and enter at your own risk.
    Good luck and good bowling
    Bill

Chats: 0

I was a smoker until just a couple weeks ago, I honestly don't see a connection between the two but the last 2 weeks of league I have totally killed on the lanes opening only 3 or 4 frames in a series. Unofficially my average is up 20-25 pins! Aside from that I was very glad when my alley went "non-smoking" for the simple fact that its a place where kids come to bowl leagues and recreational bowlers bring their kids to have fun. They shouldn't have to accept the smoke-filled bowling alley to enjoy themselves. I'm sure in previous times it would have deterred some parents and young bowlers from joining leagues altogether.

Chats: 0

breathing clean air Yes Bowl better eyes not tierd or strained , plus you clothes smell and feel better

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast